“Romantic dinner” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bistro
Ranked #25 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Oregon
“Romantic dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Great place fir dinner. Small quaint restaurant in the heart of Cannon Beach. I had the flat iron steak which was perfect. My husband had the luiguine. It was really good also with pine nuts and capers. Great dessert also. I had yummy chocolate ganache with carmel and my husband had the lemon creme brûlée. Both were really good. Would definitely go back to this place to eat.

Portland, OR
“Cozy atmosphere but sort of bland food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We were hoping for more from our dinner at this sort of new place in Cannon Beach (they had a fire and were closed for awhile). My husband had the flat iron steak and I had the pasta special -- spaghetti in an olive oil and herb sauce with scallops and red pepper flakes.

The steak was a good solid steak but it didn't have any additional seasonings or anything that made it taste any different from what we grill at home. I ordered the pasta special due to the waiter's description of scallops with red pepper flakes. However, my plate arrived without any signs of the flakes so I asked for some and mixed them in myself. A special missing one of the touted ingredient? That was really surprising. And without those red pepper flakes, the dish was sort of boring.

The service was friendly, the ambiance was warm and cozy and softly lit, and it felt like a place for both locals and visitors. I just wish the food was more interesting and flavorful.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ToniPortland_OR
Westport
“If this is bar food...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

...I've got to start hitting the bars (bistros) more. Looking for a nice dinner in Cannon Beach on Halloween and not knowing the area we asked for recommendations from the owner of The Oil & Vinegar Bar (that's another recommendation in itself). One of his choices was closed and we walked across the street to the other option, The Bistro. It's small and the waitress suggested a table near the bar, stools all filled. There is a dining area separate from the bar and we were beating the rush. It's a small intimate bar and there were about four tables for diners. No blaring music or loud conversations, a nice atmosphere for dinner. Jeff, the regular Wednesday-Thursday night bartender handled our orders and was helpful getting my choices of dinner drinks. The menu is one page which allows for quick decisions. You would have thought we were in a 4 or 5 Star restaurant. You won't find buffalo wings and fries on this menu. I opted for the Sauteed Scallops with sun-dried tomato, garlic, capers, white wine, and parsley, served with risotto, and a Pear, Walnuts, and Bleu cheese salad. My wife had the Hot Seafood Salad which was a first for her, i.e., a hot salad. Crab, scallops, and bay ship warmed and served on a plate of greens. If this is the quality of "bar food" I'll start frequenting them more often, especially this little Bistro. My compliments to the chef and Jeff for a fine and unexpected dining experience. We live up the road about 120 miles and would consider this drive for dinner in a heartbeat. Ask for the Spanish Coffee after dinner.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank KBWestport
San Diego, California
“Great Food - Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Fish soup is to die for as is the hazelnut torte. Bartender kept us entertained while we waited for our table. Good wine selection.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank MJTfromCA
Vancouver
“Great Dins!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We enjoyed a Saturday night dinner at Bistro in late October. Their menu is not long, but provides a nice variety of choices. My husband raved about his pasta entree and I thoroughly enjoyed Prawns with Jasmine rice. Service was good, and the live background music was a bonus. I ordered a Latte to enjoy with our dessert and was disappointed to learn they didn't do Lattes. It would be a nice addition to finish off a fine meal.

• Visited October 2013