“Good food and beer”

Cuisines: American, Pub
Tampa, Florida
“Good food and beer”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Really enjoyed the food, beer and atmosphere. The only issue is be careful where you sit as the outside area out back is a smoking area and is closed in by high walls. We were ok because no one lit up while we were there, but the staff didn't mention it when we were seated so it could have been unpleasant. As we were getting ready to leave, someone sat down who was getting ready to smoke, and a young family had to move inside. Luckily a table was available for them, but keep it in mind. Otherwise, great place!

Visited July 2013

Milwaukie, Oregon, United States
“Beer garden sign caught our eye.”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

While we were waiting for our room to be made ready we saw a sign that said "beer garden" so we decided to check it out. It was a warm beautiful day at the beach and the thought of being able to sit outside to enjoy it sounded great! When we walked through the door it was a little confusing because of the hardware store but we were instantly guided to available tables. We chose to sit outside in the beer garden area which we instantly decided was a great choice! Our server, who also happened to be an owner, was fantastic! He apologized to us for being a little disorganized as he was just helping out until the regular staff showed up for their shift. His apology was not needed as he made our experience very enjoyable. We decided to have the homemade chips and salsa which were very delicious. We also had an order of the Salt and Pepper Wings which were also tasty. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and our time spent there. We will be going back on our next visit to Cannon Beach.

• Visited July 2013
Northern Colorado
“Not horrible but nothing special.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Interesting shop with a hardware store and a restaurant/bar in the same place. Some food items reasonably priced, others not so much. Server seemed like be was stoned as be was trying to tell us the specials or the types of salad dressings. Not a horrible place by any stretch of the imagination, just nothing special.

Oregon
“Wonderful meal with my family”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Took my parents to the beach and we had lunch at this awesome place. We ate too much, but it was SO worth it. First we shared a BBQ wings appetizer, and I can safely say they are the best wings we ever tasted. Gives Buffalo Wild Wings a run for their money. They were perfectly cooked, with a slight crisp around the edges and the BBQ sauce was to die for. My lips are watering as I write this at the memory. Then I had the calamari appetizer, and those, too arrived to me perfectly cooked, not rubbery like you get with overcooked calamari. I washed it all down with a tasty IPA. My husband had the battered cod sandwich and loved it. My parents had burgers and again, perfectly cooked all around. My husband was so impressed he went back to say THANKS to the chef as we left. He never does that. We'll certainly be back next time we're in Cannon Beach!.

Oregon
“Buy me a hammer and a hamburger!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Talking about a two-day trip to Cannon Beach, friends mentioned the "hardware store" a couple times, and I couldn't figure out why that would be on our "have to see this" list -- until she explained it was a pub too. What a clever idea! This is one way to get your husband, particularly, to take you out to eat. "Do you need anything from the hardware store?!" It is very small, and the bar area could be a bit noisy; but, we had a table off to the side and could converse easily. Each of the 4 of us had a variation of fish/seafood -- fish sandwich, fish and chips and prawns and chips. All were wonderful! Very generous portions. The batter was neither heavy nor dough-y -- just delicious. The waiter was also the bartender and was busy, but we felt the service was very good. My husband and friends had margaritas, which they said were great. We'll definitely return on our next trip to Cannon Beach.