“Not horrible but nothing special.”

Cannon Beach Hardware & Public House
Ranked #16 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American, Pub
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Interesting shop with a hardware store and a restaurant/bar in the same place. Some food items reasonably priced, others not so much. Server seemed like be was stoned as be was trying to tell us the specials or the types of salad dressings. Not a horrible place by any stretch of the imagination, just nothing special.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Took my parents to the beach and we had lunch at this awesome place. We ate too much, but it was SO worth it. First we shared a BBQ wings appetizer, and I can safely say they are the best wings we ever tasted. Gives Buffalo Wild Wings a run for their money. They were perfectly cooked, with a slight crisp around the edges and the BBQ sauce was to die for. My lips are watering as I write this at the memory. Then I had the calamari appetizer, and those, too arrived to me perfectly cooked, not rubbery like you get with overcooked calamari. I washed it all down with a tasty IPA. My husband had the battered cod sandwich and loved it. My parents had burgers and again, perfectly cooked all around. My husband was so impressed he went back to say THANKS to the chef as we left. He never does that. We'll certainly be back next time we're in Cannon Beach!.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Talking about a two-day trip to Cannon Beach, friends mentioned the "hardware store" a couple times, and I couldn't figure out why that would be on our "have to see this" list -- until she explained it was a pub too. What a clever idea! This is one way to get your husband, particularly, to take you out to eat. "Do you need anything from the hardware store?!" It is very small, and the bar area could be a bit noisy; but, we had a table off to the side and could converse easily. Each of the 4 of us had a variation of fish/seafood -- fish sandwich, fish and chips and prawns and chips. All were wonderful! Very generous portions. The batter was neither heavy nor dough-y -- just delicious. The waiter was also the bartender and was busy, but we felt the service was very good. My husband and friends had margaritas, which they said were great. We'll definitely return on our next trip to Cannon Beach.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

these guys know how to entertain. Great food, great brews, great atmosphere, friendly and inviting and willing to let a couple of Canadians watch some hockey. These guys know how to please their guests.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is one of the new "in " places in Cannon Beach .But it isnt all that . The waiter was extremly rude . He never even said a word when I paid my bill . And complained to someone at the bar the whole time about his co workers and boss . The fish and chips were over priced . $17 for soggy fish and some fries . Also there were a bunch of people leaning against a outdoor bar . And you had to walk thru there smoke to go in . Not plesant . Not worth the money .