“Rainforest hike and views”
Review of Ecola State Park

Ecola State Park
Tacoma, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rainforest hike and views”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The walk from Indian beach to the campsites was surreal rain forest. Up on the ridge it was windy and I dare say, seemed slightly creepy at one point.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Watched whales migrate, beautiful”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Awe inspiring. Food for your soul. Breathtaking views. Happened to be there during a whale migration and got to watch the whales as they passed by. Some whales also appeared to hang out for a while and get some grub as we would see them repeated surface mouth first. Elk poop everywhere, I hear if you get there early enough, you can catch a glimpse of them. I was there a little later in the morning and only saw their left overs. I didn't get to hike, as I was alone (and I'm out of shape) but I definitely want to go back again. Everything about this park is absolutely beautiful.

Visited January 2014
Portland, Oregon
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Beautiful”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Definitely drive to Ecola Park. The drive in is beautiful; lots of old growth forest, moss everywhere. There are a couple walks to take that are fairly easy.

Seattle, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Such a beautiful and well designed state park”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We were there in winter, so didn't picnic, but were so impressed with how thoughtfully the picnic tables were placed. Most of them in secluded spots with amazing views. The maps and notices were nicely done and the road well maintained. The views are spectacular and the small cove with a sandy beach is as lovely as I have seen. We will go back in warmer weather! Kudos to Oregon for protecting and showcasing their gorgeous coast with what seems to be an excellent state parks department!

Larkspur, Colorado
250 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 257 helpful votes
“Slice of Heaven”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

All of the views and mossy forests within this state park were surreal and went on for miles. This is one of the prettiest state parks in the State of Oregon. With views of the Tillamook Rock Lighthouse, Cannon Beach and other giant haystack rocks, this place was heaven on earth.

I stood at the Cannon Beach overview and watched in awe for over an hour. I was drawn in by the waves as they crashed into the shore. The tidal rhythm drew me in and I did not want to leave. I hiked around, bought a weekly state park pass for $5.00 from the resident ranger, and could not help but admire the ranger's post and how awesome it would be.

Visited September 2013