“Clean hotel, pleasant service”
Review of The Courtyard

The Courtyard
Ranked #4 of 18 Cannon Beach B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Clean hotel, pleasant service”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed in hotel The Courtyard for couple of days. Everything was as promised. Bathtub was huge. Water was just 1 or 2 blocks away. Bottle of champagne and library with fireplace downstairs were nice touch.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank superZ16

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cannon Beach, Oregon
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We are staying in Courtyard #11. Lovely cherry-wood furniture, gas fireplace with a beautifully crafted wooden mantle, and the worst mattress we've ever encountered in travel accommodations. It has visible sags form who knows how many butts. Now, I ask, what is more important?

2 Thank Shirley D
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We used a Groupon for a 2 night stay in March, what a nice relaxing stay. The room was perfect size, the bed was very comfortable, the mini kitchen was perfect for our use and the bathroom and tub area were neat and clean. Lots of dining options right outside the door and a short drive or walk takes you to the center of Cannon Beach. The Haystack Rock beach area is close walking distance as well.
We had our 5 year old with us and she fit just fine on the roll away sofa bed. What a nice surprise so close to Portland and we really want to return when the weather is a little bit better.
The only suggestion I can make is to provide a lid for the skillet in the mini kitchen. I had to really dig to come up with anything I would change here.
Overall great experience!!

Room Tip: Room 18 has a small deck that looks out to the small side road below. No significant noise to speak...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 11, 2012

We had a wonderful stay here! Close to the beach and downtown shopping. We purchased our stay through groupon! It was a great deal. Very clean and cozy.

Molalla, Oregon
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We received a gift certificate from my in-laws for Christmas. There was a $14 fee that we had to pay when we arrived, weren't sure what that was. The room felt small, but was pleasant for just a weekend for two of us. We had champagned, a fireplace, jetted tub, table & chairs, balcony, etc. The tv was in an awkward spot with other furniture, but we didn't spend much time in the room. The temperature was hard to control, not sure if the furnace worked and the gas fireplace was only on or off... came in to a cold room and then woke up sweating both nights. It was clean and pleasant. Wish the neighbors didn't have loud kids... there is another hotel in the group that is adults only and I wish we were there instead. I had trouble getting connected to the wireless internet, finally gave up even after calling the front desk for help.
Cannon Beach is lovely, and very close to Seaside/Astoria for more adventure.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We purchased a two night stay at The Courtyard in Cannon Beach. Very nice accommodations. Our unit included a champagne turn down service, jetted tub, partial ocean view, gas fireplace and kitchenette. The bed was very comfortable, and the pillows were wonderful! The complimentary locally made salt water taffy was a nice extra.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side likely to have better ocean view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
CBHotelGuestSvcs, Manager at The Courtyard, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you very much for the feedback about your stay, we hope you'll think of us as your home the next time you visit Cannon Beach.

Cordially,

Monique Petersen
Guest Services Manager
WA State USA
Reviewed January 14, 2012

The Courtyard offered 25% off its winter rates last week and that was enough to give it a try on my one day trip to Cannon Beach.
The clerks were both friendly and helpful when I phoned, and when I physically checked in. The room was very clean, warm, and presentable. I had trouble locating both thermostats (the bathroom had one too) and I was so tired by the time I did I turned it the wrong way, which made the room far too warm.
It had a small kitchen, but the front burner seemed to be inoperable, not that I needed it.
The bed was very comfortable, and the room was ab solutely quiet.
The "library" in a second room, serving the whole complex, was very comfortable, but they need to devise a better security system for it, since it has a computer for the benefit of the guests. When I checked it out, two people were using the computer, which I found strange since my card was the only car in the courtyard. When they left, the walked to the motel across the street and entered one of those rooms. Perhaps each Courtyard guest could be given a key to the Library as well.
The Courtyard location is excellent. One half block to beach access and very close to Haystack Rock.
I would recommend this lodging, but NOT at summer prices! However, that's just me. I'm always on some kind of budget!

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms are good...others have said top floors are quieter, but I experienced no noise.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo