Last March my husband and I took a four day drive up the Oregon Coast. It was a beautiful trip, but if I had known how much I'd love staying at the cozy Stephanie Inn, I'd would have headed there immediately, checked in and relaxed for three days. This property is truly meant for finding peace.
Upon our arrival we entered the lobby and were warmly greeted by the staff. When we expressed interest in staying there, the reservationist (lack of better term) showed us several different rooms. She ended up giving us a fabulous deal on a third floor room with and ocean view. (303) It was worth every penny. If we didn't need get back to our young kids, we would have stayed another night.
My poor husband was fighting off a stomach bug so he spent the entire time sleeping. Kind of a bummer when you are in such a romantic place. But hey, the bed was twenty times more comfortable than ours at home, so if you have to feel bad this wasn't such a bad place to be. I certainly made the best of my time.
I walked downstairs and someone immediately asked if I needed anything. (this was common throughout our stay) I expressed my interest in a bottle of wine. The gentleman took me to the lobby and showed me several choices along with some personal recommendations.
With wine in hand, I went back upstairs, opened the door to the balcony, turned on the fireplace and listenend the waves roll in all night long. I didn't have any reading material with me, but the Stephanie Inn so thoughfully had several items already available in our room. I chose the Glimmer Train (short stories) sipped on my wine, nibbled on cheese from an earlier excursion, ordered room service and eventually took a bath in the jacuzzi tub. (oh the lemon tart thing that I had was scrumptious!)
My stay there was heavenly. The Stephanie Inn has thought of some many details. Like a lantern for nightime beach combing, robes, luxurious bath gels and shampoos, a cute little rubber ducky. A selection of CD's for the bose radio and a video library.
The list goes on.
I have stayed in few hotels where I would make a point to return . But the Stephanie Inn certainly is one of them. It would be a lovely place for a romantic weekend or even just some quiet alone time. Pay for the room with a view and go offseason for better rates. It really is worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stephanie Inn is Oregon's premier Four Diamond, oceanfront destination for anyone seeking a respite from the hurried pace of everyday life. With panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and Haystack Rock, the inn is truly a feast for the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Stephanie Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stephanie Hotel Cannon Beach
- The Stephanie Hotel
- The Stephanie Inn Cannon Beach