This is a great hotel, right on the beach, with wonderful views of Haystack Rock from all of the ocean-facing rooms (which I would highly recommend). I've looked at all of the beach towns along the Oregon Coast, and Cannon Beach has the best shops, restaurants and scenery of any of them. The hotel is expensive, but the rooms are spacious and comfortable, with fireplaces and well-appointed bathrooms--and a phenomenal breakfast is included every morning! We stayed in a third-floor dormer room. It was wonderful. A few tips: for those of you like I am, from back east, the beach is not always warm, even in August (average high temperature during our stay was in the upper 60's), so dress accordingly. You're not going to swim much, unless you have a wetsuit, and the beach tends to be windy, which cools things off even further. HOWEVER, it is warmest late in the day, when the sun is setting in the west, so we found that our best beach time was late afternoon. Also, try to find our when the daytime low tide is; that's the best time to investigate the wildlife in the tidal pools at nearby Haystack Rock, which in my estimation is a must-see phenomenon in this area. Nearby Ecola State Park is a great place to hike, and the views are outstanding; that's a nice half-day trip. It's only a half mile or so north of the main part of the town of Cannon Beach (the Stephanie is just south of the main part of town). If you want to eat dinner in the hotel restaurant, make your reservations early; it fills up quickly (the hotel does not serve lunch, by the way). There are numerous excellent lunch and dinner options in the town of Cannon Beach, including a pizza place chosen as the best independent pizza joint in Oregon (and one of the top 50 in the USA) and several restaurants that have vegan, gluten-free and organic options. Finally, we simply kept the sliding glass door to the porch open all night, with the screen closed--the ocean sounds were very soothing, and the cool air made the room temperature just right for sleeping. This is, without a doubt, a five-star experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stephanie Inn is Oregon's premier Four Diamond, oceanfront destination for anyone seeking a respite from the hurried pace of everyday life. With panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and Haystack Rock, the inn is truly a feast for the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Stephanie Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stephanie Hotel Cannon Beach
- The Stephanie Hotel
- The Stephanie Inn Cannon Beach