We found the Steph on tripadvisor and waited to book our dates until the shoulder season deals arrived. We normally don't pay $300 for a room after discount but there is so much more about this place than just location, which of course is a jaw dropper. Most has been written about in recent reviews and it is all true.
A few details to add that I haven't seen lately. The afternoon wine tasting featured 3 types of beer and a half dozen wines, everything local and poured freely without tracking or judgement ;). The library setting is a bit cramped but you can take your drinks to your room and many do. The drinks are accompanied by some nice cheeses, bread, and crackers, great to tide you over until dinner. It is mostly a cruise ship type of crowd when we engaged in conversation and just about everyone seemed to be a return guest, some from the mid 90's. This place has a fiercely loyal following and it isn't hard to figure out why.
Breakfast is top notch. Hot oatmeal, fresh premium fruit, and baked items daily. Hot service varies every day with your typical items done so well. Cheddar laced scrambled eggs or pepper crusted bacon? Best ever. Dinner the same, almost as many servers as tables. By the way, yes the dining room is in the back of the place but it is on the second floor so it is more of a residential/forest view than a parking lot (glass half empty fellow reviewers?) view. Bright and elegant in our opinion.
Nightcap is served at 9pm for a half hour in the library and we retreated with it to our room. Hennessey, Baileys, liqueurs, about a half dozen choices. Not single malt territory but very nice.
Our room was on the first floor and we loved it. Still private and still the ocean view from your bed. Walk out access to the grass berm and beach is terrific. It sounds like higher floors are better for privacy but you ain't exactly slumming it on the first.
The staff and service take this place to a level deserving of the premium prices. They don't care about sand getting tracked in or how many times you visit the comp bar or how many cookies or salt water taffy you help yourself to in the lobby. All they care about is meeting and exceeding your needs, whatever they are. Just get yourself in the door and you will not regret it.
We will be back. Not at $500/night cuz we aren't there yet in life, but we will be back. If price causes you pauses, watch for the deals a month or two before ideally an off-peak arrival, do the math on all the included extras, add the way you will feel with treating yourself to a premium experience and you will see the value in the Stephanie Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stephanie Inn is Oregon's premier Four Diamond, oceanfront destination for anyone seeking a respite from the hurried pace of everyday life. With panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and Haystack Rock, the inn is truly a feast for the senses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Stephanie Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stephanie Hotel Cannon Beach
- The Stephanie Hotel
- The Stephanie Inn Cannon Beach