“Fabulous place to stay--hope to return”
Review of The Ocean Lodge

The Ocean Lodge
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Thanks for TripAdvisor, we decided to stay at the Ocean Lodge. We were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was great with a fantastic view of the beach and also easy beach access. The room was nice with a very comfortable bed and a jet tub for two. The room had a balcony. We were lucky that the weather was very sunny and warm. I would definately recommend the Ocean Lodge.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Luckyfour
There are newer reviews for The Ocean Lodge

Reviewed February 20, 2009

Front desk staff at check in was great & very helpful. They even had a staff member show us around the hotel and our rooms being that it was our family's first time there. That was very helpful!

The room was amazing with a beautiful ocean front view right outside our window! Our 2yr old daughter LOVED the Ocean!

Our over all trip was great a couple minor things but was SOLVED IN NO TIME!

My Husband and I will always have this Lodge in our mind when we come back to Cannon Beach!

Thank you to all the staff members you were so helpful.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2009

We have previously stayed at the Stephanie Inn, which is next door to The Ocean Lodge but is closed for renovation for a few months.

Our stay at the Lodge was great. The continental breakfast (included in the price of the room) is quite extensive - though I do wish they'd splurge a bit and get some better, healthier breads.
The staff were all very pleasant and helpful and the environment is on a par with the Stephanie - maybe a touch less sophisticated. Of all the other options in the Cannon Beach/Manzanita area, this was our favorite (and we looked at a LOT!) and I would stay here again if the Stephanie is still unavailable.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rosegrrl
Reviewed November 6, 2008

This was our first visit to Ocean Lodge and I can't wait to stay there again! From the time we checked in to the time we left three days later, I can't think of a thing I would change. First, I have to say that the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. It had a pillowtop mattress that was soft but the underlying springs gave plenty of support. When we finished putting away our things after checking in, we laid down on the bed and promptly fell asleep for an hour. I slept so well I was completely rested at the end of our vacation. Our room was a king view with a jacuzzi tub and fireplace. Although it was a bit small, the room was cozy and comfortable. As others have mentioned, the balconies are not very private but we enjoyed it as we met some of the other guests as we were all watching the sunset together.

The breakfast was fabulous, especially the granola and the locally-roasted Sleepy Monk coffee. The lodge provides coffee, tea, and freshly baked cookies all day and I enjoyed brewing a pot of Earl Grey in the afternoons to sip while listening to the crashing waves and reading my book. The lodge also has a library and many vintage magazines.

The staff was very friendly and professional. They had great restaurant suggestions and were very patient as it took me a while to select a movie from their DVD library.

We were sad to leave Ocean Lodge and look forward to staying there again soon!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geekgirl512
Reviewed September 28, 2008

My husband and I wanted a honeymoon that was peaceful and quaint, but also a touch luxurious. The Ocean Lodge fit the bill perfectly!! We arrived a little bit early, but were thrilled to discover that our room was ready - complete with a lovely photo frame to keep as a momento of our trip. The staff gave us a very warm welcome, and were extraordinarily helpful throughout our three day stay. We had a first floor room facing the ocean, which was not overly spacious, but very nicely laid out and exceptionally comfortable. It was wonderful to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean! We didn't hear a peep from those staying in the surrounding rooms, even if they had children or pets with them. The breakfast was very good - especially compared to continental breakfasts offered up at other hotels we've stayed at. All in all, it was a wonderful trip and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2008

We were initially booked at this property's sister property, the Inn at Cannon Beach. When we arrived there to find our room right next to a loud construction site, we were quickly moved without question toThe Ocean Lodge. We couldn't believe our luck - it was the best room on our 18 day trip. We were placed into a free-standing cottage on the lodge grounds. While the cottage itself was not ocean front, we were mere steps way. The lodge's location can't be topped, and we would not consider staying any other place should we return to Cannon Beach. The staff at each property could not have been more accommodating - they even charged us our confirmed rate from our original booking down the road rather than the higher rate for the cottage. The only downside to The Ocean Lodge - leaving.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed September 18, 2008

I just returned from the Oregon Coast after spending two delightful nights at The Ocean Lodge. The Lodge and my room far exceeded my expectations. From the moment you arrive you are treated like a VIP. There is no check-in counter--you are personally welcomed at one of two desks. My host then showed me to my room and when I offered a tip he told me it was his pleasure to assist. That's classy! The room, while it did not overlook the ocean, was spacious and comfortable. The bed was a perfect firmness. There was a microwave, fridge, some silverware, plates, etc. in the little kitchenette area. The gas fireplace made the room comfortable on the chilly Oregon evening. The bathroom was luxurious. The large shower had jets in the wall surrounding you with water. The room was clean and stocked with everything you needed for a pampered stay. While it was rather expensive, it was well worth it. Walking down the beach, it's only a 20-30 minute walk to the town past the most spectacular Oregon scenery there is. It's less than a 5 minute walk from the famous Oregon Coast restaurant, Mo's. Before I arrived I had planned on driving some some of the sights in the area. Instead I treated myself to staying right at the Lodge, walking to town and Mo's and never moving my car for the entire day. What a relaxing trip. The September Oregon weather punctuated the stay with nearly perfect and beautiful conditions--but even fog and rain wouldn't have dampened my stay. I would recommend this Lodge to anyone visiting Cannon Beach but plan on booking early. The place fills up months ahead.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Best Western Ocean View Resort
Surfsand Resort
Surfsand Resort
#5 of 15 in Cannon Beach

Been to The Ocean Lodge? Share your experiences!