“Up scale spot right on the beach”
Review of The Ocean Lodge

The Ocean Lodge
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We travel with one or two show quality standard poodles and like top of the line places to stay. Aren't that many of them; but, Ocean Lodge is, for sure. And the greatest thing about it for us, in addition to top drawer accomodations with a very high class restaurant next door, we can have a room that opens right onto one of the most beautiful beaches on the west coast. Miles of level beach for running, walking, watching those beautiful creatures chase the birds and run in the water. Very nice breakfast upstairs to begin the day. A wonderful, warm, and very pleasant stay, which we have done here several times.

Room Tip: Do what needs to be done to be on the ocean side. The views and feelings seeing miles of beach with...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The Ocean Lodge

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We love the Ocean Lodge at Cannon Beach. The location is amazing. A long sandy beach with it's own haystack and needles. You can walk the beach into town, shop, and then walk back. Or, drive just a few minutes to shops and restaurants. We're picky about up to date hotels. This one checks all of our boxes!! Clean, up to date, comfortable, charming, gas fireplace, view, comfortable mattresses, microwave and refrigerator, DVD player, just steps to the beach AND warm cookies in the cookie jar in the lobby. There is a breakfast room with lots of choices and hot beverages and goodies left out all day. Don't forget to check out the handblown glass chandelier and the library. The staff at this hotel CARES. I asked if my favorite red, white, and blue cookies would find their way to the cookie jar during our stay. They're usually baked on the weekends but a plate of warm cookies was delivered to our door that evening!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had a chance to spend one night in a beautifully-appointed ocean front room overlooking Haystack Rock. It can't get much better than this. The bed was sumptuous. Breakfast was all I remembered it to be from the last time I stayed here the month they opened some years ago.

Room Tip: I saw people with dogs and was hoping we weren't near enough to hear barking. I didn't so pe...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I would give them a 5+. The hotel is beautiful. The staff is l amazing. . They go above and beyond to make every one Feel Welcome. I will definitely recommend this place to other people and will definitely be returning

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Ocean Lodge was a great choice on Cannon Beach. Haystack Rock is right there, fireplace in room, balcony to sit and watch the waves roll in. My husband wanted to smoke a cigar, which you can't do within 20 feet of a building, so they gave him a bundle of firewood, matches, 2 big blankets, and we sat on the beach enjoying a bottle of wine and a cigar. Awesome! There's a fun bar nearby with a pool table, and a great Irish restaurant in walking distance too with a great Irish stew. We would definitely recommend the Ocean Lodge!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights in February over Valentine's Day. The one thing that stood out above all else was the staff of the Inn. From the minute we walked in the door, everyone we came into contact with was pleasant, friendly and professional. A welcome change from so many places. We would like to specifically thank Martha and Vick for their cordiality and helpfulness, but all were very pleasant folks. Our room was right on the water with a small deck with chairs. The bed was very comfortable with ample pillows. I am an early riser and being able to sit by the fireplace in the upstairs lounge and have coffee while reading in the morning is a real plus for me. The ambiance is homey and comfortable, many books and magazines available for guests, and the continental breakfast a notch above most. Would gladly recommend this location for travelers or a special occasion.

Room Tip: We were in 206 and it was close to the fireplace lounge which was a plus. Small but adequate for a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here a while back, and have just recently had chance to review it on TA - My memory of the waves crashing gently into the shoreline below the balcony of my room, wathing the moon rise into the starry sky while drinking a cup of the best coffee maybe ever is so deeply imbeeded in my soul that I could never forget it. The room was sooooooo cozy, I had a nice corner Jacuzzi, king size bed, plush cozy robe - aaahhhhh. I picked this place off a whim from the exterior view, and I have never made a better choice for superior lodging. The view is spectacular and the atmosphere makes you feel ike its your own little slice of Northwest Paradise. Anytime I'm back on the caost I will be making a stay here part of my plans for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Best Western Ocean View Resort
Surfsand Resort
Surfsand Resort
#5 of 15 in Cannon Beach

Been to The Ocean Lodge? Share your experiences!