The Ocean Lodge
Surfsand Resort(Cannon Beach)
$259
Tolovana Inn(Cannon Beach)(Great Value!)
$194
Inn at Cannon Beach(Cannon Beach)
$189
Ecola Creek Lodge(Cannon Beach)(Great Value!)
$164
The Waves(Cannon Beach)(Great Value!)
$175
$259
$239
Land's End at Cannon Beach(Cannon Beach)
$201
Stephanie Inn(Cannon Beach)
$399
TripAdvisor
The Wayside Inn(Cannon Beach)
1,728 results
All reviewscookiesapple piehaystack rockcontinental breakfastcookie jarhard boiled eggsoregon coastyogurtturn down servicenice breakfastfirst floorget awaylow tidebeach chairsshort drivebeautiful beachgas fireplace
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at the Lodge and really enjoyed both stays.
It is a very relaxing place to stay its right on the beach with a great view. The rooms are very nice and clean. We had a new shower-bath which was great. The staff was great and they have an
OK breakfast. The only con we found was parking is limited at times. Other wise we hope to be back for our third stay. Some day I hope they put king beds in all the rooms.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

my wife had cancer and it was terminal... She wanted to see the ocean.. So we went to oregon..This hotel was the best thing to ever happen to us... They gave us the room for free.. my wife and I had the most beautiful time we have ever had...... My wife has since passed away.... we fought the good fight..the managment who I have not yet thank, were the most beautiful people I have ever met..my wife was only 38 and it has been the hardest time I have ever had to deal with....and when I think of her, I think of the time we had at oceans lodge....thank you for the best time....As I think about it now she had the greatest time of her llife ..... So if you are planning I would recommed the oceans lodge the managment is the best in the business...My wife Cheryl and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts..

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Johnny L
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed one night and extended it to two. We had room 105 which was excellent. The room is a ground floor with patio and ocean front. It's one of only 8 rooms which you have a view directly to the beach and walk out. The room has a great king, fireplace, nice bathroom. It's situated very nicely on the inside of the hotel. Breakfast was good, but contained no hot eggs. The screen sliding door needs to be fixed. Parking was adequate. This room is a pet room. We didn't have our dog but it was ok. It smelled a little but was fine. The reason I didn't give an Excellent rating was because of the drunk, loud next door neighbor. The reason I pay $220/night is so I can hear the ocean, not the drunk women talking right outside my open windows at 1:30am saying I found the room and saying she lost her cell phone and then whistling for 5 minutes for a lost dog or husband. After yelling at them to keep it down and hearing more whistling outside my window I called the front desk. The drunks eventually got into a fight at 2:30am. Either the hotel was afraid to confront them, didn't care or walked by at the wrong time. Either way we got $100 discount for that night and we left our neighbors a gift.

1  Thank 1statetogo
Escape L, Manager at The Ocean Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Staff moved quickly to rectify the noise complaint, but found that it had abated without our help. Management made a point to stop by once more, an hour later and again found things quiet. Our timing must have been such that we missed the offending noise, but wanted to honor the guests complaint by offering them a discount on the night's stay.
While this type of thing happens very rarely, we want to make sure our guests know that we are committed to their experience.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this conveniently located lodge on the Oregon Coast. Our suite was located on the ocean...very clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and quite efficient. Breakfast was good and the breakfast area was cozy with a bit of a homey feeling. The only draw-back of this lodge is that it is very pet friendly so if you do not like dogs at your hotel setting then do not book a room here!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2012

It is a very nice hotel, good sized room, very clean, and the staff are very friendly and helpful. It is located right on the beach and just slightly away from the Haystack Rock. The only downside or inconvenience is that it has no restaurant; the hotel offers breakfast, basically cold breakfast and toast if you make it yourself. The breakfast area is small and it can be full and you will have to take the food back to your room. For lunch and dinner, you have to go out. The only issue I have is that the bed is too soft, probably due to aging, and it is a queen size bed. For the price of the room, a king size bed would not be too much to ask for. Other than the inconvenience and bed concern, the location is excellent and it faces the beach and you can take pictures of the sunrise and sunset without even leaving your room.