My husband and I went here for our 1 yr Anniversary and the staff was so helpful in fitting us in for 3 nights, with only 2 weeks notice at the end of prime season when they were booked solid.
We stayed on the main floor Room 112 and it was fab! Our back door opened up to the back deck that had the cutest adirondack chairs to sit in and enjoy the ocean air and view of the waves and haystack rock (great access to walk to the rock too and check out all the tidepools with marine life). It was so relaxing and being 6 months pregnant loved being able to walk right out our backdoor to the beach access. it was most ideal. For others maybe the room above 212 would be more ideal if you're big on a better view of the ocean/haystack rock.
The decor in the room is cute and lodgey/NW. I read some reviews on here before we went that said the decor was outdated, but we found it quite the contrary. The decor was cute and lodgy and our room reminded me of our room when my husband and I stayed at Salish Lodge. The bathrooms were the only thing that was a little outdated w/light pine wood molding/tile than what you'd find with a brand new lodge with granite/slate but no eye sore by any means. They were clean and had a beach lodge look. The restrooms are large and great with jet tub and separate shower.
Our room had a couch that would act as a pullout bed which I thought would be great for if we had kids with us and that is why I said this place would be great for small families. A select number of the rooms are dog friendly too I found out when there that I thought was wonderful if we had our pups with us to run on the beach like many other families did on the beach.
Location is great and safe... it's only about 4 minute drive to all the main shops/restaurants.
Tons of parking.
The staff was so friendly and helpful! The lobby is cute and quaint with wood burning fire and beautiful river rock from floor to ceiling. They have coffee/beverages and yummy Chocolate chip cookies complimentary for guests at any time of day and their continental breakfast I was actually impressed with a great selection of granola, cereal, fruits, yogurts, hard boiled eggs, beverages, bagels, toast, assortment of baked goods. They also leave out goodies up there (fruit etc) for easy take aways if you get hungry and need a snack throughout the day. They have a great complimentary selection of DVD library to choose from for your room. I was amazed they had new releases that you'd find On Demand right now or in RedBox machines (not all old movies like I was expecting:). I couldn't be any happier with our decision to stay here for our anniversary- Great Choice and we will go back to visit again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ocean Lodge is ocean front and top drawer without being pretentious while exuding beach culture at every turn. Views from the hotel are breathtaking. The guest rooms are warm and welcoming, and the lobby with it's massive river rock fireplace blazing is always inviting. The Lodge staff are consummate service professionals. Overlooking famed Haystack Rock and the scenic Oregon coast, the Ocean Lodge offers its guests fireplaces in all guest rooms, wireless internet access, a casual breakfast buffet, home-baked cookies, is in close proximity to boutique shopping, art galleries, and restaurants, in a convenient location. Pet friendly rooms are available. You will check-out feeling relaxed, refreshed and rejuvenated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your The Ocean Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ocean Hotel Cannon Beach
- Ocean Hotel Cannon Beach
- Ocean Lodge Cannon Beach Or