“Awesome!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Utah
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from our stay at the Wayside. Our experience was beyond amazing. We stayed in the king suite and it was immaculate! Everything was so clean, the service was outstanding, and the view from our balcony was breathtaking. We had crazy weather but still enjoyed visiting the local restaurants and walking the beaches every day! 100% recommend! I've been raving about this place ever since!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Whitney P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Minnesota
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I have stayed at other hotels in Cannon Beach and decided to give The Wayside Inn a try and I don't regret it.... It was wonderful! They had our room ready way before check in, the room was great with a view of the ocean, very clean and nice. They had everything for my dogs and the fireplace was a hit! My mom and I liked it and my dogs LOVED it! the staff was very nice from the moment I booked the room. They suggested a better room for the same price and were quick on asking if we needed any help. I will definetively come back and will recommend it to everybody. It was my Mom's first visit to the coast and she was impressed by the hotel and loved the beach.
Thank you for making this a great time!

Room Tip: Talk to the front desk before booking they were very helpful.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank clelita
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We brought our two 4 legged daughters for a long weekend and had a great time! Everyone behind the desk was friendly and helpful, and we even got a little doggie welcome basket with towels, extra bedding, bowls, poo bags, and a couple treats!

It was nice and quite, great to be a little out of "town" and basically across the street from the beach.

Great value! We'll be back!

Green Features: I wish they didn't use the pre-packaged coffee accoutrements (sugar, stirrer, powdered creamer) because we only used the regular sugar and everything else was left. Oh, and a recycling bin would be an amazing addition!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We recently spent three nights at the Wayside. What a great choice! It is very well priced for the quality, room size and location. We had a room with a bedroom, full kitchen, fireplace and a balcony with a view of the ocean. Most places in Cannon Beach that have similar accommodations are about double the price. It isn't directly on the beach but that isn't a big deal because it is right across the street. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The only minor complaint is that the walls are a bit thin so noise can be an issue but given all the pluses we felt like this was a minor issue. Oh, and the king size bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 19Boxes
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 23, 2014

WOW! This hotel is an absolute GEM! A diamond in the rough! I'm afraid to tell too many people my "secret" treasure!! I wanted an ocean view with hot tub (a must for me and my achy bones and muscles) without the astronomical oceanview price that many of the other places charge. It's across the street from Tolovana Beach Park for extremely easy beach access. In fact, it's right off Hwy 101 - turn for Tolovana Beach Park - and skip the congested roads through Cannon Beach. Hotel is at end of off ramp. Mo's Seafood Restaurant is across the street, too.
I stayed in the King Suite, since most reviewers highly recommended paying a few bucks more to get the view. As a bonus, the suite was a corner room. Rooms are of different configurations but the King Suite was a separate bedroom with a queen sofa sleeper in living area. Keep in mind, ground floor = no view. No elevator, but that didn't bother me in the least. Weather was absolutely glorious for mid-January.
The small kitchenette is "dated" but hey, it worked and was very efficient. I loved being able to cook breakfast in the morning, sit at the table and watch the waves. Plenty of pots, pans, dishes. It even has a dishwasher! Refrigerator with top freezer - not like the typical dorm room unit that other hotels have. There was a microwave too! A small mini mart is a 5 min walk from hotel.
The room was very clean. There is also an in-room dvd player. I brought my own movies, but the hotel has quite a few for rent - $4 for a day. The room has a great gas fireplace (cozy!) and more than ample space. Like a small apt!
The pool is small, but just right temperature. Great for lap swimming. There are some pool noodles for kids to play with. Hot tub is fabulous. Mind you, the hours are 9AM -9PM.
The staff.... gosh. The gal at check in was wonderful. Very friendly. Efficient. Really want to make your stay comfortable. I don't have a dog, but it is a pet-friendly hotel. Doggie towels and treats and water bowl to clean up after beach walks! Speaking of beach walks, Haystack Rock is about a 15 min walk up the beach. (well I walk kind of slow.... it's really not that far.)
There is a weekend shuttle bus stop across the street that can take you into town so you don't have to drive around "forever" just to find that elusive parking spot.
As for noise, I found it to be non-existent. I will definitely be staying here again -- hoping for same room! Great value.

Room Tip: must have 3rd floor for best view. King Suites are corner rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank CasualTraveler51488
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed how pet-friendly the place was. It's just across the street from the beach. There's a nice indoor hot tub. We paid a little extra for a room with a kitchenette, which saved us a bunch of money compared to eating out at the mediocre, overpriced restaurants in this town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrew D
Tacoma
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My husband and I took a vacation to Cannon Beach to visit a very good friend. We always look for pet friendly places to stay as we always bring our dog. When we checked in we were given a "doggie basket" complete with bowls, doggie towels and a biscuit for the dog. When we got to our room it was very comfortable and clean. It had a nice fireplace (gas as I recall) that heated the living room nicely. The staff were friendly and wanted to ensure that you had a comfortable stay. We would DEFINITELY go back there. From this hotel it is a short walk to the beach. We had nice weather when we were there. There are nearby restaurants and shopping is just a short car ride.

Room Tip: Some rooms may be laid out differently. If you would like a larger room be sure to ask if one is av...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family