“Incredible!”

Hug Point State Park
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My family and I rented a house in Seaside and visited a different beach each day. After reading reviews, we decided to come here and we were so happy we did! The reviews we read lead us to believe it would be hard to find but that was not the case; the park is clearly marked with signs off 101, south of Cannon Beach and north of Manzanita. We arrived about 10:00 am and found plenty of parking, although it is a small lot. There is a bathroom in the parking lot that had flush toilets but no water for washing your hands. A short walk to the beach and voila - caves, inlets, beautiful mountain stream - this place had it all! It was cool when we went but warm and toasty in an inlet where I found a rock to sit on in the sun, protected from the wind. I could have stayed all day. This is a must-see stop if you are on the Oregon coast. I thank my fellow reviewers for their recommendation.

2  Thank gerib54

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This was a great spot that we wouldn't have found on our own. Friends dragged us down to this spot... and even then I wasn't too impressed... then they walked us a short distance down the beach to ... Wow.. .caves and waterfall... short hike up stream was pretty cool... You have to go when the tide is low... and be there for when its coming in...but don't stay too long because you wont make it back

1  Thank Russell M
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Hug Point was a definite winner for our family! My wife and I took it two year old to see the sea caves and he was not disappointed and neither were we. There is a cool little waterfall and caves that you can walk in. Tons of cool rock cliffs take pictures of and tide pools to check out. There were even little formations that only my son could fit through. It was a blast and we plan to go back again!

Reviewed July 29, 2014

It's off the side of the road with parking just short of the beach. A wonderful beach to stroll and look for shells. At low tide you can go around the corner of the rock outcropping to a secluded area. Just keep an eye on the incoming tide as you can become trapped from the main beach.

1  Thank Glenn S
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Lovely beach, with plenty of room for everyone at low tide. Everyone seemed to know when to visit as the small car park was nearly full when we arrived. As others have noted, at low tide you can explore little caves and tide pools and marvel at all the mussels, limpets, barnacles etc. At high tide, there would be a lot less to see.