TripAdvisor
Cannon Beach
Post
Inbox
Search

“You don't want to miss this place”
Review of Castaways

Castaways
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a small, family owned and operated restaurant specializing in international fusion cuisine. We have a full bar with fresh-squeezed juices and home-made syrups, etc. Our focus is on quality and creativity!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Everything is amazing. We had a 14 top Friday night. We were all visiting, the food came, the table went silent. I had the lobster bisque and salad with the Jerk Vinaigrette. My husband has the pork marsala. Heavenly. The chef/owner checks in at each table with loving care. The server/bartender is so talented. She doesn't miss anything and does everything with a beautiful smile. We felt like family. It was so good we went back the next night! The filet mignon was to die for. The egg rolls amazing and you don't want to miss the jambalaya.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (620)

Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

Castaways greet every guest with a smile and graciousness. The food in amazing. Beverages eclectic ...everything served with beautiful presentation. A must indulge for this unique venue will impress- relaxed artful motif / decor

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

We had a really nice meal here. The food was delicious. But the best part was that the chef was walking around the tables chatting with everyone.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

We chose this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews, and found it to be a good as people said. I also really enjoyed having the chef come around the tables to ensure his food was prepared properly, and tasted top notch.

Reviewed September 6, 2019 via mobile

Our innkeepers recommended Castaways to us, and we were glad to have reserved ahead by three days because only two time slots were available for a Wednesday. We were warmly greeted when we arrived 5 minutes early and given a choice of four tables. The main dining room is a breath of fresh air compared to other Cannon Beach restaurants, mainly because of the modern decor and all of the big windows- giving an open and airy feeling in a relaxed space.
We settled in with cocktails and were impressed with our attentive and friendly server and with the amount of attention we received from the personable chef/owner who talked with guests at each table more than a couple times throughout our meal.
The highlight of our meals were our salads and our dessert. My husband had the special salad: very fresh heirloom tomatoes with bruschetta, perfectly drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. My Tiki salad was excellent as well: crisp greens with goat’s cheese, spiced walnuts, and dried cranberries lightly and perfectly dressed in a balsamic vinaigrette.
Our dessert— flambéed bananas with macadamia nuts was made to order- I had the coconut ice cream accompaniment while my coconut-hating husband was able to have vanilla. This dessert is heavenly and worth a special trip to the restaurant !
My husband and I both enjoyed our main entrees: I had the on-the-spicy- side Jamaican jerk chicken while my husband had the pork chop special - served under a mustard sauce.
There are a variety of entrees and appetizers here, so it would be hard to not find something to enjoy.
A great find for us- and pretty easy to find on the north end of town.

Date of visit: August 2019