“Oh. Em. Gee!”

Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a small, family owned and operated restaurant specializing in international fusion cuisine. We have a full bar with fresh-squeezed juices and home-made syrups, etc. Our focus is on quality and creativity!
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I don't even know if I can put this experience into words... We walked in on a Friday evening without a reservation and were seated immediately. This is a very small, very dark, rather intimate establishment. We expected good food from the reviews we read, but I don't think we really knew what we were in for. Our waiter was fun, friendly, and really made our experience. I want to say his name was Matt. And he was awesome. We had to pull up our iphone flashlights because it was legitimately too dark to read the menu. The drink list is expansive and creative and priced accurately. The food options were perfect and also priced better than I expected. We started with the Texas egg rolls which were a party in the mouth. We wanted to really enjoy our experience so we waited about a half hour to order dinner after the app. I really wanted everything but settled on the prawns. Boyfriend ordered the Mac and cheese, which is an odd choice for him, but the ingredients used spoke to him so whatevs. The food comes out and oh man it is large and looks amazing. I was only expecting 3-4 prawns for $20. We're at the beach and a spendy one at that. No, I had at least 8! They were swimming in a beautiful veggie-filled curry sauce surrounding a bed of long-grain basmati. The first bite sent me into mouthgasm and it only got better from there. Divine. Bf's Mac and cheese had big cuts of chicken and sausage with veggies in a very delicious non-macaroni and cheese type sauce. We were both blown away. The chef came out to talk to us about the food and our experience. I thought it was cool that he greeted all his patrons during their meal to ensure a perfect experience. Unfortunately we didn't have room left for dessert, but the experience was the best we've ever had at a restaurant together!! If you're within a 50 mile radius of Cannon Beach, you absolutely must dine here!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We ate at at Castaway's last evening and boy were we in for a surprise. We read some of the prior reviews, but were not certain it could be that excellent. Trust me, this little place was everything that others have said. The meal I had was the Caribean prawns with curry sauce. It was outstanding and memorable. The portion was more than generous. The number of good sized prawns was more than I expected as well with mangos, red peppers and who knows what else in the delicious sauce. My wife had a chicken dish in a pastry which was also was very good. The vegetables were cooked just right and the mashed potatoes with creamed cheese was totally yummy. We ordered a wonderful salad with walnuts, cranberries, goat cheese and a terrific dressing to split. They brought it out as two salads, both of which were as large as we expected one to be. Service was attentive. The chef even came back to ask how our meal was. We'll be back, maybe as early as tonight, though we enjoy finding other spots for next time we return to Cannon Beach. The Copper River Salmon another had looked outstanding, as confirmed by the gentleman beside me who ordered it. I think you just can't go wrong with anything you order.

2  Thank packerdoc
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I've eaten here three times now on three different trips to Cannon Beach and each time have left extremely satisfied in all respects. On this occasion I selected two appetizers that were no longer on the menu, a chicken satay and Ahi tuna sashimi. Both used to be on the menu in the past, but were dropped. Nevertheless our waitress/bartender/part owner asked her partner the chef if he would prepare them and he did. Now the place wasn't real busy, so he may not have been able to do so during the high summer season. What great customer service! My wife had the Haystack Chicken dish and loved it. Also very good martini's and a macadamia-banana flambe desert - both outstanding!

We think this is currently the best place to eat in Cannon Beach and we'll certainly be returning in the future. It may be quaint and small, but the food is big and our service has always been excellent.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife and I make this great restaurant a mainstay on any visit to Cannon Beach. The atmosphire is warm and relaxing. Small and large groups ( call if party of 6 or more) are treated to fun drinks and even better cuisine. If you are looking for high end dinning with stuffy people, not your place, but if seeking a relaxing dinning experience at the beach that exceeds your culinary expectations

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We ate at Castaways Restaurant and Tiki Bar. The total for two with tip was $90 including one drink each. We split a large bowl of Seafood Chowder made with shrimp and halibut. We both had rare Ahi Tuna pan-seared with very strong wasabi and pineapple ginger teriyaki sauce. It was excellent! Served with steamed vegetables and ‘tropical’ rice, it was a light trendy meal!