“Best restaurant in Cannon Beach!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Castaways' Tini Tiki Hut

Castaways' Tini Tiki Hut
Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Great new local place! Just opened this summer. Original Carribean dishes and cocktails with high quality ingredients and amazing sauces. Affordable too!
Snohomish, Washington
“Best restaurant in Cannon Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

After reading almost all the reviews I can contend that this place is amazing, food drinks dessert, all great and satisfying! I don't really write reviews but I had to for this one, I honestly can't say anymore besides the fact that if you are in Cannon Beach, come to this place!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We visited Castaways on a Sunday night after a great weekend in Cannon Beach. We were seated immediately. Friendly, personable service. Great menu and drink selection. We especially enjoyed the East/West appetizer, the Ahi Tuna appetizer, the House Mac with Chicken and loved the Banana Macadamia nut dessert. The prices were very reasonable -- excellent experience. Highly recommend!

• Visited March 2014
Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

What a great little place! We had the tuna and clam chowder and thoroughly enjoyed both. We will be back! Friendly staff and fun environment!

Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“You'll Probably Have To Wait But It's Worth It”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife, son (2 yrs old) and I went for dinner. It's a small restaurant (probably 10 tables max.) so we had to wait about 30 minutes to be seated and they don't take reservations for parties under 6.

The prices are a little bit on the higher side but the portions are significant. My wife and I just ordered a few appetizers to share so we could experience more from the menu.

The food took quite a while to come out as I'm sure there was only 1 chef/cook and a small kitchen but it was definitely worth the wait. The food was absolutely delicious!! We ordered the jerk chicken skewers, the crab cakes and a prawn dish that I can't remember the name of.

The chef came and greeted us at our table as well.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nick N
Donald, Oregon
“The Devil is in the Details”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

My first experience at this place was fabulous ... My girlfriends and I had drinks and snacks and an overall great time on a Sunday night ... We told the owner, a cute blonde women, that we couldn't wait to come back the next Saturday with our spouses ... She didn't mention that we should make reservations or that she'd really rather we not bother, so we showed up ... All ten of us! Before we could order any food she informed us that there was a 45 minute wait for dinner ... Really? I guess the waiter who sat four of us at an empty table didn't know about the wait. And hard to imagine why there was any wait at all given the other three empty tables. When two more of our group showed up, the lady sitting alone at the table behind us offered up her empty chairs. The owner countered with "As soon as this patron is finished with her meal, your friends have to leave." After all there was the phantom 45 minute wait list. Her tone and body language suggested she wanted us to leave ... I tried to plead our case to a waiter, explaining we didn't know there was a wait list since the other waiter simple led us to a table. Before I could suggest our party be placed on the "wait list", the waiter replied loudly (enough to my cheeks turned red) "I'm not the right bald guy and I'm too busy to talk to you!" No problem - we left and walked into the Mexican restaurant (El Mariachi Loco III) next door where we were welcomed with smiling faces, great food and good service. The rest of our party showed up just as we were leaving and managed to keep our coveted table, where they proceeded to eat and drink until the place cleared out . . . At no time, did a wave of people show up to have their names marked off the "wait list" and when my friends left the place was close to empty. Since this establishment isn't on the cheap side, you can imagine how much revenue this owner lost due to making us feel unwelcome . . .

I won't be back next year . . . or ever!!!

• Visited February 2014