“Just what we needed!”

Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a small, family owned and operated restaurant specializing in international fusion cuisine. We have a full bar with fresh-squeezed juices and home-made syrups, etc. Our focus is on quality and creativity!
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I have wanted to try this place for awhile but hadn't been able to make it work. We are in town for DH's birthday and last night we finally made it to Castaway. We got pulled over in front for a brake light being out so hubby was not in a good mood and didnt think the kids would eat anything there. We walked in and were seated. My 7 year started whining and I thought oh no this is going to be awful. The server must have seen my face and she came right over. They bent over backwards for us! My kids were both so pleased with the accommodations made on their food. I ordered the big kahuna tuna and it was delicious. Hubby ordered the jambalaya and loved it. The chef came out to ask how dinner was and saw my 9 year old devouring his plate. Nicest guy, saw my son drop his last bite and went and got him more. I would highly recommend this restaurant, fantastic food and fabulous service, thank you for starting our weekend out right.

There are newer reviews for Castaways

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We went to this restaurant Saturday night...no reservation, but expected to wait. They were full and we asked the woman could we sit at bar and wait ...she rudely said you could but no promises!! She walked away from us and the man was equally rude and unpleasant.
Needless to say we left No cause for such attitude

4  Thank GINEEMS
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were in Cannon Beach the last weekend of October. It was a four day weekend getaway for us and we had some good meals along our travels down there, but nothing compared to the meal we had at Castaways. I had some curried prawns and had to meet the chef after tasting them. I ate curry a lot as a kid growing up in Africa and no one has been able to duplicate the flavors that my mother got when she made her curry. Until now. It was soooo good that I had to meet the chef. We went on a Monday because from what I understood the weekends are just crazy busy there and I was really glad we did. We were able to talk to the hostess/waitress and I can't say enough about how well we were treated. This will be a destination restaurant for us every time we head down to Oregon. Thank you for the wonderful service and the spectacular meal.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

The service was pleasant. The food was delicious. The food we chose was decadent, but so satisfying: a mac & cheese with sausage & chicken & peppers, a fried boneless chicken breast with killer mashed potatoes & gravy. I'm sorry we didn't try the jumbalaya, but you can eat just so much at one time! Portions plentiful; prices quite reasonable. We will definitely return when we visit Cannon Beach again.

1  Thank ajoyce7
Reviewed October 29, 2013

After reading reviews on tripadvisor, my husband and I ate dinner here one night while in Cannon Beach. The chef, who came around to all the tables to talk with the patrons, took pride in serving a menu very different from the other restaurants in the area. We really enjoyed the pineapple-jalapeno margarita and the Caribbean jerk-macaroni and cheese. The atmosphere was casual, and the menu prices were very reasonable.