“Worth the wait”

Ranked #6 of 49 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a small, family owned and operated restaurant specializing in international fusion cuisine. We have a full bar with fresh-squeezed juices and home-made syrups, etc. Our focus is on quality and creativity!
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is a cute little restaurant, and it fills up fast. So get there early if you don't want to wait for a table.

I'm a picky eater; and this place was a savior. We liked it so much that we ate dinner here every night, 3 nights in a row, and we were never disappointed.

My wife is a semi-vegetarian, and the staff made delicious and creative changes to their menu to accommodate her. I wish they had fish on their menu, but I was always happy and satisfied with their jerk chicken.

I'd definitely go back for more.

Please let me know if this review was helpful.

3  Thank dirtriderroger

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We are a long time Cannon Beach visitors (since the 1970's) and have been stuck in our ways for years (according to our kids). It's always Morris Fireside, Bills, Lazy Susan, Pig n Pancake, Lumberyard, etc.... Too often, we'd simply buy groceries in Seaside and cook our own dinners. Our first meal at Castaways Tiki Hut was last summer when we decided to try something new. Neither of us were "Caribbean" food fans, but decided to try it anyway.

All I could say was OMG!!!!! This place is amazing. The food is fresh. The dishes are delicious. The drinks are imaginative (and carry a decent "punch"). The menu is varied and has something for every taste. We could have just dined on the appetizers alone. And the dipping sauces??? WOW!

I am almost hesitant to rave about this place out of concern it will become TOO popular. But it's now our FAVORITE Cannon Beach restaurant. We went back in early February for a long weekend and this was the first place we ate. Again, we were not disappointed. The meal was absolute perfection. We came back the following night and dined entirely on coconut prawns and chicken skewer appetizers while sipping tropical drinks.

Interesting contrast was the Mexican restaurant next door that sat virtually empty both nights while Castaways was standing room only.

2  Thank doofus1234
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Well, I took my fellow Tripper advice and we had dinner Sunday Feb.24th a little after 6:00 pm. We had no problem getting in, in fact I had my choice of were I wanted to sit. We ordered Thai chicken sate skewers for appetizers. They were four meaty juicy pieces of chicken with two dipping sauces.I had the cup of chowder and jumbo coconut prawns. My husband had the Jambalaya. For dessert I had the warm brownie with coconut icecream. So,So good. I had to have my husband take the brownie away from me because I was full but could not stop eatting it. I only gave 4 stars cause drinks are pretty expensive $3.50 for a little bottle of beer and $2.25 for coke. But the food is 5 stars. The place is very dark also. I looked at it as being romantic but my husband took out his cellphone to read the menu and complained about it for awhile so there you go....But very good food. Our bill plus tip was close to $67. bucks, so a little pricey but it was date nite.

1  Thank Stephanie B
Reviewed February 23, 2013

After reading the positive reviews, hubby and I tried Castaway's for dinner. We were not disappointed! We arrived soon after opening. There were a few other tables occupied and we were seated immediately. Our waitress was friendly and attentive, explaining the specials, taking our wine order, and answering any questions. Our meals were outstanding...started with coconut shrimp and I had a Ahi Tuna Salad, while hubby had the Jerk Pork chop. Both were presented in a nice way, and were ample portions. We left feeling full and happy - would defiantly dine here again the next time we're in CB.

1  Thank purplelotus
Reviewed February 19, 2013

On Fri. nights we like to head to this restaurant for date night. The food is unique and nicely prepared and the ambiance is fun and tropical. This last visit I had the Ahi Appetizer which was prepared with fresh Ahi from Hawaii, very fresh and nicely presented. We shared the Filet for our entree which was not as good as some of the other dishes we have had here such as the Haystack Chicken.

My husband ordered the Chicken on the Skewers which were served with different dipping sauces and the bite I tasted was really good. Our service is always attentive. This place really gets crowded on the weekends and they don't take reservations. In the front there are a few tables with stools if you want to wait there until your table is ready. :)