“Love This Place For A Date Night!”
Review of Castaways

Castaways
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a small, family owned and operated restaurant specializing in international fusion cuisine. We have a full bar with fresh-squeezed juices and home-made syrups, etc. Our focus is on quality and creativity!
Reviewed February 19, 2013

On Fri. nights we like to head to this restaurant for date night. The food is unique and nicely prepared and the ambiance is fun and tropical. This last visit I had the Ahi Appetizer which was prepared with fresh Ahi from Hawaii, very fresh and nicely presented. We shared the Filet for our entree which was not as good as some of the other dishes we have had here such as the Haystack Chicken.

My husband ordered the Chicken on the Skewers which were served with different dipping sauces and the bite I tasted was really good. Our service is always attentive. This place really gets crowded on the weekends and they don't take reservations. In the front there are a few tables with stools if you want to wait there until your table is ready. :)

There are newer reviews for Castaways

Reviewed February 13, 2013

So glad we discovered this restaurant on Trip Advisor. We went on a Sunday night and the restaurant is small with a limited number of tables, but we sat at the bar while waiting a few minutes for a table. I tried the pineapple chile margarita and it was good, but not great as other reviews have indicated. Servers were friendly and the food was excellent. For an appetizer, we shared the crab fritters and loved them. My husband ordered the Jambalaya and I had the curried prawns. Portions were large, and both dishes were excellent. We didn't have dessert because we were so full, and each had a to go box for later. We will definitely return to this restaurant when we are in Cannon Beach again and we felt that this made up for our so-so experience we had at Newman at 988 the evening before.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I noted the reviews and headed straight for the Tiki hut for dinner. I ordered a Mai Tai. Am I a mai tai snob? Perhaps. This had fresh juice, but was not the original recipe, but a pineapple juice type. It was okay. I don't know how much alcohol they pour, but it seemed light.
That's not the biggest deal because the appetizer and food was good. Whoever was cooking sauteed the vegetables to perfection: warm, soft, but still bright and yummy.
Well done, chef!
My only complaint was the mushroom sauce for the sirloin was SO salty. My companion's dish was also good, but too salty.
The service was good, the atmosphere is cool.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I had dinner here late on Sunday night. We were seated immediately and ordered the rum punch. It was delightful; not sweet, rather citrus, nutmeg, and herbaceous. Husband ordered jerk chicken which had layers of complexity in flavors and chicken was cooked perfectly. My ahi tuna was very good, but veggies and basmati rice again had a complexity of flavors that are seldom found in restaurants. Food in Cannon Beach is good at many restaurants, but fairly predictable. Castaways is a real stand-out in Cannon Beach and we'll be back on our next CB visit.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

When I get tired of seafood and pizza in our favorite coastal refuge, I head to Castaways' Tini Tiki Hut. The bar drinks are innovative (with a wonderful house margarita) and the decor is rich and relaxing. Megan, our server, was welcoming, informative and efficient. We dined on an incredible coconut orange shrimp dish, the house macaroni (cheesy shells topped with feta and sliced scallions) and the outstanding wagyu beef sirloin and mushrooms with mashed potatoes and gravy. The chef/owner joined us for conversation toward the end of the meal. Would have loved some dessert, but we were too full. The price tag was reasonable, considering the quality of the meal and overall experience. Recommend visiting on weekdays when the town is quieter.