“Absolutely Fantastic!”

Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a small, family owned and operated restaurant specializing in international fusion cuisine. We have a full bar with fresh-squeezed juices and home-made syrups, etc. Our focus is on quality and creativity!
Reviewed October 10, 2012

What a find. Tini is right. And expect to wait. But it is so worth it. Service was outstanding. Food was even better. Spicy, spicy, spicy.

1  Thank CassCrawford
There are newer reviews for Castaways

Reviewed October 5, 2012

First things first, my wife and I love Cannon Beach and visit often. We never knew Castaways' existed, until a friend recommended it to us.

If you take the first exit into town it is just past the kite store and before Bruce's Candy Kitchen. It is a small place and if you don't know to look for it you will miss it. I think they can seat about 30 people. The staff was great and with it being a small place the chef had the time to come out and chat itch each table.

My wife and I were married in Jamaica and love the Caribbean feel, so we wanted to give Castaways' a try. We are so glad that we did.

The atmosphere is Caribbean with its decorations and music. The menu seemed like more of a fusion style with a good variety of choices. My wife had the halibut and I had the house Mac & cheese. Everything was wonderful from presentation to the finish. I believe that the menu changes with the desire of the chef.

I would highly recommend you give Castaways' a try when your in Cannon Beach.

3  Thank trafficman
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We dined here on the recommendation of our hotel clerk and we were not disappointed. We were lucky to get a table right away on a Friday night. The drinks were fun and the food was delicious! They offer a nice variety of dishes, with a Caribbean flair.

1  Thank tripplanr
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Mac and cheese is Awesome!!!!!!!!! But everything else I have tried has been great too! Fun cocktail list and wonderful servers. Call and make arrangements for groups of more than 6... It has an intement seating area.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We thought we would try someplace new in Cannon Beach, and the reviews of the Tiki Hut made it seem like the place to try. Turned out to be one of the best calls we made the entire week. The atmosphere was really cute, service was casual but professional, and the food and drink were excellent. The drinks, at least the Rum ones, were strong and well-prepared. My wife couldn't even finish her Rum Runner.

I had the House Mac & Cheese. 2 stars of heat was quite enough, and I like spicy food. I could have handled 3 stars, but it would have distracted from the other flavors. I loved the Andouille sausage and spicy chicken combination - there was a lot of meat in the dish. The portions were quite generous - I only ate about half my dish - and I'm looking forward to finishing the rest today!

A word of caution, though. They are only open from 5 to 9, and when we left around 6, there was only one open table left. Word is getting around about this place, and with good reason.

1  Thank Rick C