“Fun Family Stop”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun Family Stop”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My family and I have traveled to Cannon Beach for 26 years. My children are grown but this is always there first stop in town. Always fun treasures to find and great candy. The kids always take home some salt water taffy. Turtles and Sea Form are my favorite.

1 Thank hanegan

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Watch the food labels on the candy in Bruce's Candy Kitchen!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

A great little candy shop for big and little kids but watch the food labels - sorbitol and vanillan abound! Vanillan - a waste product from pulp and paper mills cannot be absorbed into our bodies - and sorbitol - well perhaps not the healthiest thing to feed our kids!

Having said that - watching the salt water taffy being made was cool.

Too bad we had to throw out most of our candy and pretzels due to the above.

To get more I do on these artificial food additives go to the Feingold website and search - vanillan - and sorbitol.

I hope this helps.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank SusanRichardsdewit
Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Saltwater taffy heaven”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Had such fun in July 2013 taking my own child to a favorite place from my own childhood. Bruce's never fails to bug out kids' eyes & it's really fun to see your own kids savor it all, just like you did when you could barely see over the counter.

1 Thank K U
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“the best for candy lovers”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

always stop here when in the area. sometimes the taffy is stale, but mostly we -- grandkids and grandpa -- love it.

Dillon, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Yum”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Everywhere you go along the Oregon coast there are candystores. Bruce's is a standout among them. The kids were mesmorized by the taffy being made and everyone gets one piece free. Fun. Way too much candy gets bought and hoarded and traded and ate. Oh well, that's what summer vacation is all about.

Visited June 2013