“Stepping Into Another World”
Review of Haystack Rock

$100.00*
and up
Oregon Coast Day Trip: Cannon Beach and Haystack Rock
More attraction details
Owner description: A large stone measuring 235 feet high.
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Let me first explain that I'm fortunate enough to live in paradise -- Laguna Beach, CA. As a result I rarely feel an need to vacation to other coastal areas. However, the Oregon Coast and Haystack Rock on Cannon Beach is like stepping into an alternate universe. I was mesmerized by the drama and beauty mother nature had created. Make sure to check it out during high tide as well as low tide. Incredible to behold.

1  Thank MrThor2u
Write a ReviewReviews (2,495)

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I've seen a handful of beaches and I was really excited to see Haystack Rock. After we finally arrived, I'm not sure that it was quite what we expected. A bit anti-climatic for the long trek....

I'd skip it unless you were really in the area or driving by.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were advised to go at lowtide. We looked it up-- and arrived. It was so not low tide because the water was up the shore. We went to breakfast. We came back! We parked near public restrooms and a restaurant/hotel. And started a trek. It looks close... but it is not. The walk was the boring part but the view was amazing. Once we got to the rock, it was fun to get as close as possible and then watch the tide come in/go out and run away from the water. At low tide, and mainly in summer, there are tons and tons of starfish on the bottom of the big rock. Lots of great pictures. Parking is not easy either-- be patient when trying to find a place to park-- you can see the rock from highway 101 but you need to find a parking lot...

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Mother nature shines in this natural wonder. Enjoyed the view from our room as well as walking at the beach.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was another great stop on our Oregon Coast Journey. We spent about an hour walking around the beach and the rock. It is very touristy but there are lots of options for good photos.