“Amazing!”

Ranked #23 of 49 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Description: A small Cafe located inside the historic Cannon Beach Hotel featuring a fresh, delicious gourmet lunch menu which consists of sandwiches, soups, salads, Lunch Boxes To Go. Freshly brewed local coffee, specialty teas and fine Italian sodas are available. With upscale decor featuring original Cannon Beach seascape and landscape black and white photographs, wine colored walls, floors of classic black and white tile with rich wood trim, and a stunning tin ceiling, the interior provides the perfect setting for lunch during a beach get away. An open air patio with tables and umbrellas allow for al fresco dining. Bon Appetit! OPEN FROM 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM FOR LUNCH & FROM 5:00 PM TO 9:00 PM FOR DINNER
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for a late lunch. The menu was creative, the food was delicious, and the service was excellent. We enjoyed the experience and will definitely return.

CBHotelGuestSvcs, Owner at Cannon Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Cathy B,
Thank you for sharing such a terrific review about dining at the Cannon Beach Café & Olio Cupcake Bar! Creative, delicious and excellent- this is the experience our guests deserve!
I am so happy to read how much you and your husband enjoyed your meal.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Best greeting from all our team!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

After walking on the beach for 2 hours on a cool Saturday, my BFF and I chose this little place because they had French Onion Soup. Although the staff was a little breathless from serving a large group (an unexpected walking tour), they took care of us flawlessly. We sat outside under patio umbrellas. BFF ordered the Chicken Salad (with grapes and nuts (my fave!)) and I had the Sweet Potato "burger" and chips. Plenty of food, great tasting, served quickly with pleasant attention to our requests. When we asked for a chocolate/ creme cupcake for dessert, the waiter said they were all sold out (and usually are by 2 pm), and offered us choices. Seeing our disappointment, he went searching and found the last choc. cupcake in the place somewhere!! Hooray!!! It was worth the hunt!! This little gem of a cafe just needs to expand...

Dear meCnewplaces,
Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoyed your dinner at the Cannon Beach Café & Olio Cupcake Bar.
We have become a favorite with beachgoers due to our proximity to the beach and diverse menu, it means so much to us that you would leave a review of your experience which includes this aspect. We’re so glad you were able to try our chocolate cupcake in the end!
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Best greeting from all our team!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This is a very lovely New England style B&B about one block from the beach. We were not guests there but saw their cafe and stopped in for an early lunch. It was absolutely spectacular! I had a bowl of French Onion Soup and a Caesar salad. My husband had a chickpea sweet potato sandwich that was as unusual as it was delicious. Their selection of teas was quite large. I had iced Moroccan mint tea. They brew each tea individually and then serve it from a carafe at your table. The chef is really great and the server was quick, accurate and attentive.

Dear NC10US,
Thank you very much for your kind review and we're delighted that you enjoyed your meal.
We hope you will be returning to Cannon Beach and Cannon Beach Café & Olio Cupcake Bar soon for another French Onion Soup and Caesar Salad, or perhaps you’ll try something new?
I have passed along your comments to our chef and her team.
Best greeting from all of us!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Only had the Olio cupcakes. Had the Pleasantville one day and the Chocolate Bliss the next. Oh my! Soooo good! Rivals the TOP BRANDS in Portland Oregon. A must for anyone with a sweet tooth. The servers were awesome in their customer service.

Dear Niki D,
What a fantastic review, we really appreciate it! To hear that we are considered among the best is wonderful indeed, the fact that we bake and serve fresh daily makes all the difference, aside from Chef Jana Lee’s tremendous skill of course!
We are looking forward to seeing you again in the Cannon Beach Café & Olio Cupcake Bar!
Best greetings from our team!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I picked this restaurant because it was dog friendly. We were quickly seated in the outdoor area and the staff really went out of their way to accommodate my Great Dane. My boyfriend and I both really enjoyed our meals, which were very tasty and reasonably priced. Will definitely eat here again when we come back to Cannon Beach.

CBHotelGuestSvcs, Owner at Cannon Beach Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear scorning,
Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoyed your meal at the Cannon Beach Café & Olio Cupcake Bar, where our best friends, small or big like your Great Dane, are welcome (in the patio).
Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Ciao, Cannon Beach Café & Olio Cupcake Bar Staff!
Warmest regards,