“Great 4th of July weekend!”
Review of Ecola Creek Lodge

Ecola Creek Lodge
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 4th of July weekend in a queen room with fireplace. The rooms are huge! We had4 adults in our room and a toddler. The hide a bed wasn't bad either. It's a short walk to town. The staff are super friendly and helpful. Great value for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Ecola Creek Lodge

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great people, large rooms, good location, small but lovely grounds. A great place from which to explore and enjoy Cannon Beach.

At the dinner show at EVOO (a must see) there was an extended family, most of whom were at their third or so show. The patriarch was sitting next to me. He and his wife had spent their honeymoon at Ecola Creek Lodge 53 years ago; they had gone back for their 50th wedding anniversary and loved it just as much (maybe a touch of the blarney there). Ecola Creek Lodge is that kind of place.

Room Tip: We had two rooms, each with a queen bed. I don't know whether all the rooms are as spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had one of the smallest rooms (our choice), but it was clean, comfortable, and had everything we needed, including a small balcony that overlooked the property. Easy 5 minute walk to the beach or to town, friendly staff, nice courtyard patio, etc. We'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Lots of different room configurations, so easy to choose what's best for your party.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I grew up going to the conference center with my family and we often stayed at the Ecola Creek Lodge. I return each summer with my own children and always books a room at the Ecola Lodge. My favorite rooms are the ones with kitchens (they are like little apartments). I love the older architecture inside the rooms, and while they are updating the kitchens and bathrooms, I love when I find some of the older details, the ones that remind me of when I was a kid. My kids love the gas fireplace. I love the peace and quiet. We always park the car upon arrival and spend the rest of the vacation on foot. It's a short, pleasant walk into town - just close enough to be on the edge of everything but with the solitude of not being in the middle of everything. The staff is always friendly and it feels like being at home, but better.

Room Tip: Book early, the best rooms fill way ahead and the lodge is often booked.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2013

An unusual property with all rooms opening off the external paths. Other than housekeeping, Internet and coffee in reception there are no services provided. There is a guest laundry.
Our room was comfortable and clean with ventilation provided by opening windows, a sofa bed and couple of easy chairs. Heating system and gas fire for the colder months. There was a table and a couple of chairs outside the door and also some seating in the garden.
Our room faced the road to the park and the beach so there was a lot off traffic in the evening.
Although a short walk to 'downtown' rather a longer walk to the main central area.
If you want a clean comfortable room a little out of town and the price is right this could be a good choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travguy
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Clean, nice amenities and a great place to stay. Very quiet and pleasant. Good location; far enough away to be quiet and close enough to restaurants, etc. We loved the spaciousness of the room as well. We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Took a trip to Cannon Beach with my fiancé and decided to stay at the Ecola Creek Lodge. We stayed in room 6, which was a queen guest room with a fireplace. The room was cozy, with a sofa bed (which we didn't use), a gas fireplace, and a queen bed. There was a small refrigerator in the room, enough for some beverages or small snacks, as well as a coffee maker and a microwave. While none of the furnishings were new, they were well kept, comfortable, and clean. The lodge has the atmosphere of a coastal town with history, which is exactly what Cannon Beach is.
Check in was fast and easy and Charlie was as friendly as could be. I had taken advantage of their spring special- pay for one night at full price, get all subsequent nights of your stay at 1/3 off. It was an excellent deal and made ECL an even better value. The cleaning staff was conscientious and when we returned from our adventures each day the room was clean, with plenty of towels, and clean sheets. There is cable TV in the room, and wireless Internet available as well. The wifi worked great, and the TV was welcome for catching up on the news or whatever at the end of the day.
The lodge is located on the outskirts of town, but it's a short walk into the downtown area, and a shorter walk to the beach. There is plenty of public parking in downtown, a quick two minute drive away. Ecola State Park is a two minute drive in the other direction, and Highway 101 is only a minute away as well. The location was ideal for us.
Ecola Creek Lodge was an ideal home base for my fiancé and I. There is no pool or on-site amenities other than what I've already mentioned, so if you're looking for a place with a pool, restaurant, spa, or whatever, this is not the place for you. It's a great place to stay to experience Cannon Beach and the Oregon Coast, and was a good value for my money.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple