“Where my heart is”

Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Tampa
“Where my heart is”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I grew up going to the conference center with my family and we often stayed at the Ecola Creek Lodge. I return each summer with my own children and always books a room at the Ecola Lodge. My favorite rooms are the ones with kitchens (they are like little apartments). I love the older architecture inside the rooms, and while they are updating the kitchens and bathrooms, I love when I find some of the older details, the ones that remind me of when I was a kid. My kids love the gas fireplace. I love the peace and quiet. We always park the car upon arrival and spend the rest of the vacation on foot. It's a short, pleasant walk into town - just close enough to be on the edge of everything but with the solitude of not being in the middle of everything. The staff is always friendly and it feels like being at home, but better.

Room Tip: Book early, the best rooms fill way ahead and the lodge is often booked.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Leatherhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

An unusual property with all rooms opening off the external paths. Other than housekeeping, Internet and coffee in reception there are no services provided. There is a guest laundry.
Our room was comfortable and clean with ventilation provided by opening windows, a sofa bed and couple of easy chairs. Heating system and gas fire for the colder months. There was a table and a couple of chairs outside the door and also some seating in the garden.
Our room faced the road to the park and the beach so there was a lot off traffic in the evening.
Although a short walk to 'downtown' rather a longer walk to the main central area.
If you want a clean comfortable room a little out of town and the price is right this could be a good choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travguy
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Clean, nice amenities and a great place to stay. Very quiet and pleasant. Good location; far enough away to be quiet and close enough to restaurants, etc. We loved the spaciousness of the room as well. We'll be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Holbrook, New York
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Took a trip to Cannon Beach with my fiancé and decided to stay at the Ecola Creek Lodge. We stayed in room 6, which was a queen guest room with a fireplace. The room was cozy, with a sofa bed (which we didn't use), a gas fireplace, and a queen bed. There was a small refrigerator in the room, enough for some beverages or small snacks, as well as a coffee maker and a microwave. While none of the furnishings were new, they were well kept, comfortable, and clean. The lodge has the atmosphere of a coastal town with history, which is exactly what Cannon Beach is.
Check in was fast and easy and Charlie was as friendly as could be. I had taken advantage of their spring special- pay for one night at full price, get all subsequent nights of your stay at 1/3 off. It was an excellent deal and made ECL an even better value. The cleaning staff was conscientious and when we returned from our adventures each day the room was clean, with plenty of towels, and clean sheets. There is cable TV in the room, and wireless Internet available as well. The wifi worked great, and the TV was welcome for catching up on the news or whatever at the end of the day.
The lodge is located on the outskirts of town, but it's a short walk into the downtown area, and a shorter walk to the beach. There is plenty of public parking in downtown, a quick two minute drive away. Ecola State Park is a two minute drive in the other direction, and Highway 101 is only a minute away as well. The location was ideal for us.
Ecola Creek Lodge was an ideal home base for my fiancé and I. There is no pool or on-site amenities other than what I've already mentioned, so if you're looking for a place with a pool, restaurant, spa, or whatever, this is not the place for you. It's a great place to stay to experience Cannon Beach and the Oregon Coast, and was a good value for my money.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We thought this place was okay; appreciated the mini fridge, history of the Lodge and close walk to town.

What I would recommend management modify:

Blankets in bedroom closet had holes in them - replace those.

Please, please toss the Marche aux Fleurs Make-up remover pads in the bathroom; it's a nice gesture; however, the product contains "oil from seabird feathers" and "natural squalane" which is derived from shark liver oil

Oregon is well known by many to be an environmentally conscious State and I find this product does not represent that mindset and simple put...gross ingredients. There are lots of friendly, wholesome products to replace this one or just pass on the remover pads altogether.
Better to have a customer leave with a good impression and less products to use than a bad impression and a goodie basket filled with unfulfilling and unconscious products.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelerfouru
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We've stayed many time in and around Cannon Beach, but never here. A little gem of a place. The room was both bigger and nicer than I expected and it exceeded our hopes. So a wonderful little find. We will certainly be back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This being my first time to Oregon I was hoping to have a good time. I drove from Portland Airport directly to the Lodge and was greated by a warm smile, hot coffee and freshly baked cookies. I checked in with ease and was very pleased with my queen guestroom (with queen sofa sleeper) and gas fireplace room. The fireplace came in handy since the temperature dropped. The bed was comfy! The Lodge is within walking distance to restaurants and shopping. The road leading to Ecola State Park is also very close. I highly recommend the lodge to anyone traveling this way.

Room Tip: If you are looking for place that makes you feel at home, then this is the place for you!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo