“Nice vacation spot”

Schooner's Cove Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We spent 4 days/nights at Schooner's Cove in Cannon Beach in October. Enjoyed being able to walk to restaurants and shopping.. The beds are very comfy.. and it was very quiet when we were there. We only used the hot tub one night.. It's in an enclosed room.. has a view of the ocean but can't open window on ocean side.. I had trouble connecting my IPad to the internet but if I just walked out of the room I could get connected and then use it in my room. Enjoyed a day at Seaside one day and drove to Lincoln City and Depoe Bay one day. Had some sun and some rain!

There are newer reviews for Schooner's Cove Inn

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was our first trip to the Oregon Coast and I research the hotel options here on Trip Advisor. I settled on Schooner's Cove in Cannon Beach due to it's excellent reviews and it's location fairly close to the Portland airport (90 minutes).

Well, it was excellent. The room was clean and well-furnished. The balcony view of the ocean was perfect. The grounds, lounge chairs and beach access were top notch. It's true that you can't see Haystack Rock from your patio, but you can see the Birds to the north and the lighthouse. A short walk around a bend and Haystack is in full view about a half mile down the beach.

Cannon Beach itself was very nice and tranquil, but everything did close pretty early and we had much better meals at the small cafes than the larger sit-down restaurants.

Overall, a great long weekend away! Thank you Schooner's Cove.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Believe me when I say I looked at 30 different options in the Cannon Beach/Manzanita area for the perfect place to stay as a treat to my older sister during our trip to the coast. She has high expectations, and loved the place from the minute we opened the door.Having lived in beach towns most of my life, I can attest these folks get it right.
Everything spotless, comfy matresses, a fireplace that doesn't have a ($#@*!) timer, and good coffee for the maker.
The front desk ladies are superb and live the customer service motto.
We're sorry we didn't get to stay longer.We got the top floor, corner room, and all we heard all night was the surf.Breakfast at Lazy Susan just topped it off.
Always remember in your searches- there IS a difference between ''ocean view'' and ''ocean front''. ;)

Room Tip: We just like corner rooms to lower noise issues.Look on the website-easy to navigate and look at the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeannine G
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We have stayed in Cannon Beach before , but for value for your dollar . amenities , comfort , location , view , and the beach , Scooner Cove wins over all the others .
Our unit was very well equipped , and the bed and bedding excellent .
Yes it is older , but updated and very clean and comfortable .
If you are looking for a very modern place with , to us , useless frills , do not come here .

Satisfied Travellers , who will come again .

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite on the top floor with a high ceiling . Very bright , and a nice balcony . Cap...
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My daughter and I made a quick one-night trip to Cannon Beach and I'm so happy that we chose to stay at Schooner's Cove Inn. Check in was a breeze and the two young women working there could not have been nicer. Our room was on the lower level which walks right out to the beach. It was lovely! Our room had a kitchenette, small living room with gas fireplace and a separate sleeping area. Everything was in top notch condition and the bed was very comfortable. The gorgeous beach with the sunset view was amazing. We walked to the little market the next street over for wine and cheese, and there are many restaurants and shops all within an easy walk. We will definitely return for a longer trip!

Room Tip: We had a lower level, end unit which was perfect because you could walk right onto the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me with a trip to the coast for the night and this was the hotel he picked.. He did good! Carol at the front desk was exceptional. Very friendly and we decided to stay another night she was so accommodating to help us move rooms (ours was taken for the second night). I love getting good customer service plus an ocean front room AND a private hot tub time? Happy customers!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Rooms are clean and all have a fabulous view of the ocean.. We walked outside our room and walked forever on the beach at least 3 times a day.. Great exercise and ocean breeze. We had a fireplace in our room and it was very nice to use at night with the door open listening to the waves crashing around outside.

Room Tip: We were in room 41 great room but make sure u are able to walk a lot of stairs. Next time around we...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple