“WOW! EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS”

and 1 more site!
Schooner's Cove Inn
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“WOW! EXCEEDED MY EXPECTATIONS”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We arrived early, and our room was ready early. I was a little nervous to stay here. I live in Virginia and I have never visited Oregon. I booked my trip over the phone and researched pictures of this hotel. The room was better than I anticipated. Everything was spotless, our room was footsteps away from the beach. If you have a difficult time with navigating steps, then I would specify during your reservations. The stairs would be difficult for eldery people, or if you had children, they would drive you crazy, going up and down. Our room had a coffee maker, mini fridge, silverware, plates, wine glasses, coffee mugs, all the comforts of home!
It also had a gas fireplace, and dining room table and chairs. The view from our room was gorgeous, and I really appreciated that we were located at the end of the hotel. If you are not at the end, then your balcony will be very close to your neighbor. I would recommend dining in, as the restaurants are pricy.....and I gre up in N.J.! The crepere down the street is the best deal in town, as well as the local fish market. All the shops are within a 2 block radius. This is a perfect, romantic get away place. I would not recommend bringing children here.

3 Thank Carey Ann V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
K.C., Mo
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Nearly every fall we travel from Missouri to Schooners Cove. You may notice we said "Schooners Cove" before we said Oregon or even Cannon Beach. It is absolutely perfect for us. For 5 days we do nothing but relax, shop, walk on the beach, walk through the beautiful little town and enjoy the hospitality and friendship of everyone we meet. They have every ammenitie you need and if not, they will get it for you. We travel a lot and Schooners Cove is by far our # 1 place to stay.
Thank you to everyone there. YOU ARE THE BEST!! *****
Amel and Ada Sparks

Room Tip: In the many years we have been, we have stayed in room 51, 52 and 54. We prefer the Captain's Q...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ridgefield, WA
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I go to Cannon Beach 3-4 times a year. This was our first time at this property. The location is great! Just park your car and walk everywhere in town. The upstairs rooms with the vaulted ceilings are the best but still, for the price, it felt small! Also, I agree with one of the previous write-ups, I think they should not charge for the DVD's unless they are not returned. It does seem petty! No view of Haystack Rock is also disappointing! For the price, I think we'll try another place next time.....noisy neighbors:(

Room Tip: Good location and top floors have the feeling of being larger.
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Pro: Staff is helpful and kind. The room was super clean. I had a larger room then the last visit. Both rooms beautiful. I encourage you to get highest rooms as they all have vaulted ceilings with tons of window! It is located right in Cannon Beach - but because you cannot see the Big Haystack rock - there is not as much foot traffic on the beach! That was wonderful to feel alone at the beach and then walk to breakfast! The kitchenette was great with ample supplies! I went during the week so it was super quiet.
Con: Walls are a bit thin. I did hear the lady next door snoring. It is a lot of stairs even for the lowest level.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with no one next door for noise reduction at night. Not easy as this place is pop...
2 Thank GaylaAnn
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Check in was smooth, room very good and the view was what you paid for. I would definitely go back. Only comment would be that DVD rental charges seemed petty. If there are concerns about returning have customer sign form that $X will be applied to credit card if not returned.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 2299
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Our room provided us an Amazing coastal view. It was Short walk to Haystack Rock and shopping on Hemlock street. The room was very clean the service was very good. The hottub requires a reservation so keep that in mind and the last reservation is at 9:00. While swimsuits are required, not sure if the rule is enforced!

• Stayed October 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our night on Cannon Beach in the comfortable and cozy hotel on the beach. Great location, steps to the beach from our patio. Easily walk to all the town hot spots and a nice coffee shop on the corner. You can't go wrong with Schooner's Cove Inn. We just wished they included a breakfast, but found something elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012