“The Waves presents a great location, and a great hotel experience.”
Review of The Waves

The Waves
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My wife had stayed at The Waves with a group of friends a couple of years ago. She had wanted me to experience it with her. We stayed two nights, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. We opted for one of the king suites, and I highly recommend it. The view was just marvelous, and the room was very private yet had fantastic views out to sea and up the coast to the north. (You will not see Haystack Rock from this hotel.) Great amenities in the room, and overall an excellent place to get away for a couple of days.

Room Tip: We were in room 411, and it was just great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank godavidgo
cbtravelor, Owner at The Waves, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

I am glad that your wife was persistent in having you share her experience. Our best sales people are those that have enjoyed their visit not only at The Waves Cannon Beach but with the village of Cannon Beach itself. I am pleased to hear that my facility and staff were as she remembered and that you were able to enjoy. We look forward to having you as return guests in the near future and please continue telling your friends about your experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,451)

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Waves, a great suprise. Felt like a small comfortable home. Great views, everything you need in the room.Very nicely decorated. Nice patio.no smoking even better.will return :) again. Don't forget to visit Bill's

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathywine
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We have stayed here at least once a year for the past 10 years. The rooms are clean,current and comfortable. Why stay here? Location, location, location.
If you want to be able to reach anything by foot, this is the place for you!
We walk on the beach, around town, even to mid-town easily from here. The rooms are so welcoming after a day out in the weather--a perfect weekend respite.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stupidchoice

Thank you for your loyalty over the past years. A returning guest, like you, tells me that we are providing the services that make your visit comfortable. We will strive to make sure that your future stays are as rewarding as they have been over the past visits.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Our family went down to Cannon beach with our two year old daughter for a two day get away and our room was at The Waves . (Location! Location ! Location ! ) Our room opened right to the beach ! Our room had a fantastic fire place and the room was very clean . One thing I wish this room had was a jacuzzi bath tub, I also wish it was not "The Waves MOTEL" .... when I hear"motel" I think of a dingy room with flickering lights and these rooms are NOT at all dingy , I would even go as far as to say that they are immaculately clean rooms --- add the hot tubs and call your hotel The Waves Hotel or The Waves suites, IMPO . We had a great stay and look forward to returning this summer, even if its still a "motel" =) . If you are looking for a really great breakfast my husband and I are smitten with The Lazy Susan , best scones EVER .

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Christie E

We agree - the word "motel" is not quite fitting and thank you for pointing this out. We are in the process of re-branding our name to be The Waves Cannon Beach which after all these years seems hard to change. We are not a hotel, we are not a bed and breakfast, and we are not "just a motel" but a combination of all of these. We try to incorporate the best of all these to provide our visitors with a different and wonderful experience while they vacation. Our location is one of the best. On the beach, in the center of the village, and within walking distance to most everything one could want in Cannon Beach. We are truly a PARK AND WALK destination. Thanks for sharing our property and enjoying Cannon Beach. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for two nights with a groupon for my husband's birthday. Really loved the decor and the view was fantastic from the room. Everything was perfect.

Only a couple of things we would improve. First the older lady who checked us in wasn't very informative or friendly. No information on the hot tub or where it was. Also when we went to get a movie from the lobby she never informed us of the cost until after we picked out the movies. We were surprised since other places we stayed in cannon beach didn't charge us for movies. We would probably come again but bring our own movies. Also wish we could bring the dog. We will have to stay somewhere else if we bring the dog since they don't allow dogs.
Over all a great place in the center of town but expensive.
T

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank passiongal
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I called just two days before I hoped to stay. I apologize I did not get the name of the gentleman who assisted me. I explained I wanted to take my Dad, 87 years old. on a quick one night visit to Cannon Beach. The gentleman was wonderful and caring. He set us up in a beautiful junior suite. I cannot explain how wonderful the view was! Thank you so much for a very special trip for my Dad. I promise to return when I have more time to stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan B
Reviewed January 28, 2014

By far the best hotel I have stayed at on the Oregon Coast.
Very nice room, comfortable bed, and friendly staff.
Within walking distance of shops and restaurants.
Our room was just a short walk across the parking lot to the beach.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple