“Wish home felt this cozy”

Inn at Cannon Beach
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Every thoughtful amenity welcomes you to the Inn at Cannon Beach, from the bag of local salt water taffy and doggy bisquits for pet owners, to the gas fireplaces in the guest rooms. Hard to add more details to the superlatives others have already written, but here's one more: a change of plans brought us to Cannon Beach on a Wednesday in July without previous reservations. We were given the one free room at the Inn--a first-floor handicapped accessible room. Though we ourselves are fully mobile, we were impressed by the easy room access from the dedicated parking space, the extra wide bathroom, and the rimless shower. I would highly recommend this room for vacationers with accessibility concerns. Breakfast also is full and generous. The Inn's location away from town and the lack of adjacent sidewalks slightly segregates this otherwise ideal property.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Inn at Cannon Beach

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Our family of four (2 and 8 years old boys) stayed here for 3 nights in late July. The main attractions of the Inn are its cozy charm, beautiful courtyard landscaping, and its distance from downtown Cannon Beach.

We found our room to be well appointed, only lacking an ironing board which would likely be supplied if asked for. The bed was comfortable and I was particularly impressed with the quality of the sofa bed, which had a nice thick mattress relative to the standard hotel issue sofas. The room was quiet and very clean.

The Inn is located a few kilometres south of downtown Cannon Beach and you'll want a car to visit there. However it is therefore much quieter and serene, while still offering easy access to the beach and the nearby park and playground.

Breakfast was standard fare, mostly cold offerings. One morning the eating area was full and we ended up bringing breakfast back to our room. We didn't need much by way of other services; check-in and -out were seamless and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family 2 adults, 2 teens, stayed here at a busy time. It is a very clean property, extra touches such as cookies and hot drinks available in the lobby. The property is very pretty, trees and the rooms are a good size for 4 people. They are like small connected cottages. It is a block from the beach. There is wood and starter available to buy and take to the beach also. Breakfast was included. Nice and quiet. The Inn is at the South end of the Beach, so it is quieter, but you do have to drive into the area where most of the shops and restaurants are. I preferred this area though, less people.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is our hands-down favorite dog-friendly lodging on the north coast. We have stayed here 4 times over the past couple of years and have never been disappointed. The super-clean rooms are nicely appointed with everything you might need to enjoy your beach weekend, including a kitchenette and cozy fireplace. They truly understand what "dog-friendly" means. They provide a welcome basket for your pets that includes treats, towels, food/water bowls, and extra sheets to protect the beds if your dogs get up on the beds (ours tend to). On a couple of occasions they waived the pet fee if we brought cans of pet food that could be donated to the local shelter. Other pros: Breakfast is included in your stay, free wifi (good signal), free DVDs to rent (including new releases) and beautiful beach is just across the street. Cons: I've noticed it's getting more expensive to stay here. Still, we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have Jacuzzi tubs.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank matthewjay
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My family has stayed at this property in years past, and we were pleased with the accommodations. However, I came in today to inquire about the Lodges they offer and some rental prices for next year. This is where the 2 stars come in.... I was greeted by a friendly gentleman who gave me a price sheet for the yearly rates and explained that he could take me on a tour of the condos. I asked if these were the same types of accommodations offered across the street at their sister property, The Ocean Lodge. A rude woman who worked behind the front desk interrupted and told me that the condos were not the same types of accommodations. I mentioned that they looked the same and she retorted that they were cottages across the street, not here. "Different company, different management." Then the friendly gentleman told me I could take a tour of the condos myself. "It's a self guided tour." Wow, talk about dismissing a potential customer! Unfortunately, this front desk clerk (or poor manager) didn't realize that I had stayed at both her property and the her sister property across the street for the past few years that we have been visiting Cannon Beach. They ARE the same company. Cannon Beach is a tourist destination- revenue depends on customer service. Just because of her rude response and unwillingness to be helpful, I would never rent one of the Lodges condos. Call me crazy, but I do expect some cordiality before I spend $400 a night to book your property.

Room Tip: Careful who you speak to behind the front desk!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MHenryLasVegas
Escape L, General Manager at Inn at Cannon Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I would like to apologize for your most recent experience at the Inn at Cannon Beach. I appreciate the time and effort you have taken to provide feedback that I value enormously. As I am sure you know from your previous stays with us, we pride ourselves on customer service. Our entire staff was extremely disappointed when I shared your experience with them.

While our property locations and descriptions vary, our standard of customer service does not. We value each and every one of our guests and have enormous pride in all of our properties - Ocean Lodge, The Lodges at Cannon Beach, Lighthouse Inn and the Inn at Cannon Beach.

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally about your experience. At your convenience could you please call me at 800-321-6304. Again, thank you for your time. I look forward to speaking with you.

Terri

Reviewed August 4, 2013

It's a postcard charming facility, however they built it right next to Highway 101. We stayed in a King room, 208, and it was a stairway climb (no elevators to this room) at the end of the complex, ear level to the noise. The room itself was nice, quite large and fairly comfortable. Keurig coffee maker, microwave, sink, etc. Table with two chairs but no couch. As you look out the window behind the bed, you see a row of trees. Privacy, you think. Then you need to open the window to catch the cool breeze (not all windows open up) and air it out, and the truck, car and motorcycle noise hits you. Our sleep was fitful at best. We slept past the breakfast because it was so hard to fall asleep, so can't comment on the food served. The grounds were tidy and welcoming. This hotel (B&B?) is situated fairly close to the public parking lot to walk to Haystack Rock, but is definitely not a beach property. So the good news is that you can find the parking for the beach, which is scarce in Cannon Beach. Overall, on our trip up the coast this was our favorite town to visit by far, and we wished we had scheduled two nights in Cannon Beach. Our take is that this Inn's fees are hefty for their unfortunate location. As charming as it was, I would find another hotel away from the highway next time, and get better rest.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as close to S Hemlock as possible, furthest from Highway 101 behind the Inn, if you s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Inn is pet friendly and treated our puppy well.The people at the front desk were courteous especially the younger boy I think his name was Cory. They have lots of stuff for the beach you can borrow at the front desk and firewood for sale for a reasonable price. Great selection of DVD's too. The cookies are an added touch and we enjoyed helping ourselves to them :) The rooms are nice and clean. They are above average but not the best I have seen. The continental breakfast is an added bonus and we enjoyed it. We stayed in an upstairs room and then transferred downstairs. The upstairs rooms are nicer but hard to take a large puppy downstairs in the middle of the night. We transferred to a room downstairs and it had a jetted tub which I really don't feel is needed so paying the extra 25 a night for it sucks :( So far as The Inn not being directly on the ocean it is only a block a way. It is a bit of a walk to town and people who like to be right in the heart of town may prefer elsewhere. There were also no laundry facilities which are nice to have when you want to wash your sandy and smoky clothes from the beach fire at night. There is a dog washing station outside which was nice to have. Would we stay again yes as I felt it was a good value and cheaper than the Surf n Sand and some of the others which are about 200 dollars more a night. We were satisfied overall and would recommend The Inn.

Room Tip: You may want to stay on the bottom floor if you have a puppy who needs to go out a lot and is too he...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Best Western Ocean View Resort
Surfsand Resort
Surfsand Resort
#5 of 15 in Cannon Beach

Been to Inn at Cannon Beach? Share your experiences!