“Perfect little hide-away nestled on the beach...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cannon Beach
Webb's Scenic Surf Motel
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Cannon Beach
Boise, ID
“Perfect little hide-away nestled on the beach...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

I've been going to this little gem for years... Jimmy is so hospitable. First rate service.

This "motel" is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Haystack Rock, but still within walking distance on the beach and within walking distance of beautiful Ecola State Park. Its located on Larch one street behind Hemlock, the main drag, near the beginning of town which is the town center. Its still far enough away from the tourist hot spots of south Cannon Beach, but within walking distance/minutes of Bruce's Candy Kitchen, Cannon Beach Bakery, the Mariner market, postoffice, the oldest kite store, and various shops. Very reasonably priced for beach front rentals too. There are several different studios and rooms to choose from, we always stay in Studio 7. Its on the second floor, has a comfy queen size bed with a twin sofa sleeper, a kitchenette where we cooked several meals, and a great view of Tillamook Rock Lighthouse to the north. The staff comes in and straightens up and replaces towels once a day. We love it here and it is a spring break staple. Book in advance via phone.

Room Tip: The studio suites are an amazing value, have mini kitchenettes that are fully stocked with all the c...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank LindseyLou56

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Low key, end of the road, on the beach. Could not have been more perfect.
Stayed in unit #3 for four nights. Felt more like home or a place at the lake than a motel.
We had a one bedroom unit right on the beach. Livingroom with gas fireplace, kitchen, very comfortable bed, nice shower and a wonderful view of the ocean out the front slider.
Close to the downtown shops and restaurants. Park the car and walk!
Much better than I expected, even with all the great Tripadvisor reviews.
I say it was Perfect!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Bob M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Perfect place for Oregon coast vacation. Family owned motel. We had a one bedroom apartment right on the beach. Livingroom with gas fireplace, kitchen, comfortable bedroom. Friendly staff. Rates just reduced from summer rates. Walk to restaurants and beach.

• Stayed October 2011
4 Thank duckygirl98
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

We read about Webbs on Trip Advisor and booked 5 days there as a result. Good choice! Best location on the beach IMHO. Great value and it lived up to the expectation.

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Radtrout
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Webb's was just a fantastic stay for us. My wife and I were just going down the coast stopping wherever we wanted. When we pulled in to the parking lot and saw the view we knew we needed to stop. We were there two nights and had a wonderful time. It is walking distance to everything in Cannon Beach. We parked the car and didn't get back in it until it was time to leave. The view has to be one of the best I've ever had in a hotel. Right on the beach looking out over the shore and rocks was perfect. Sunset's could not get any better. Truly a great experience all the way around.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NeverMetaStranger
West Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

This is a multi-generational, family run motel. The owner - Jim Webb - is personable, professional and very kind. The units are all individual & unique. Kitchen units are for families. The studio units are used as "adults only" and, as previous reviews have noted, make this a boutique accommodation. Put this together with the absolute beachfront location and affordability, well, that's what hidden gems are all about!

Upon getting into our studio room, we found:
- chilled wine and drink glasses in the fridge
- full-sized shower/bath
- book of matches by the toilet!

The deck is shared with two other studio units. The view is breathtaking. The second storey is reached via stairs. Assistance is provided for those needing it. Wireless internet worked great. We noticed that other guests had a small dog. It seems pet friendly, but I'd enquire. Free parking. Ice is provided through the front office. We just used the cubes in the room fridge, though.

The motel is adjacent to Ecola State Park. While visiting, you'll want to walk along Indian Beach. Just wonderful. Just a little further south is the West Oswald State Park. Again, well worth the visit.

Everything was spotlessly clean. The bed was very comfortable and the entire experience causes me to give this place my highest recommendation! Well done, Jim!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank letterdude
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

I was recently diagnosed with cancer and needed a quiet safe place to get my head together. This was the best all around experience I have had with lodging anywhere in the world.
Jimmy and the staff are wonderful people with a ready answer or remedy for any problem or need you may have.
I was very impressed with the genuine care they showed myself and their lodgers as they came and went during my stay.
My room was fabulous, I had an upper with fireplace, a good sized fridge, micro, full sized coffee maker/ coffee and a nice assortment of utinsels for food service.
The view from my Balcony was breathtaking, this is right on the beach folks.
The decor reminds me of a wonderful little boutique hotel with a very homey feel. There is a "Grandmas house in the 70's feeling" to it. Make no mistake about it though, the rooms do not contain furniture it has been using since the 70's! Someone spends a lot of time finding these things at retro and antique shops.
The quilt on my bed was a white hand stitched Gem that was amazingly crafted and a luxury to sleep under.
The grounds are beautiful and well maintained by the lovely staff, the flowers and planters are exquisite!
I loved my time there and was treated like family, with Jimmy even giving me an early morning ride to Amtrak for my return home.
I would highly recommend this hidden treasure to all travelers, from families to solo. It would make a great honeymoon spot too.
I loved that it is right in downtown cannon beach too.

Room Tip: The lower rooms are perfect for families with children because the beach is right off your patio.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo