“excellent beach view and access”

Sea Sprite on the Estuary
Ranked #7 of 17 Cannon Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Spent the nite here in early March, winds were howling, rain was going sideways. In otherwords it was a perfect nite at the beach. This place is right on the beach and easy walking distance to all of Cannon Beach.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flyfish2009

Reviewed February 18, 2011

We just got back from a three day stay at Sea Sprite on the Estuary. We had initially planned on staying only two nights, but loved it so much we stayed a third night. Even then my boyfriend pretty much had to drag me to the car.

The location is amazing...at the end of the beach so very private, but still only a 3 minute walk from downtown.

The facility itself is wonderful as well. Decorated very nicely and well equipped. The kitchen has all the equipment needed to make a nice meal. The bathrooms are nice as well, most have air jet tubs as well as glass enclosed showers. My one complaint was the water pressure, which made it a little difficult to wash the conditioner out of my hair... but really, considering how much we enjoyed our stay that is pretty trivial. I found the bed a little hard for my taste, but my bf thought it was very comfortable.

The staff was very friendly and helpful as well, and meticulous with their housekeeping. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank christinap_15
Reviewed July 26, 2010

This condo was nicely decorated, clean and had a great view of the ocean. You can still easily walk to the quaint downtown area, but it is near the end of the beach. There is a small deck and the kitchen was well equipped.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Tucked away at the end of the beach, this condominium is a great family place. It's the perfect size for a long weekend stay supplied with everything you need. The bedrooms are on the small side, dominated by luxuriously appointed beds, but the whole place is extremely comfortable, immaculate and decorated in soothing, beachy colors.

The views from the main room are worth the price alone, and the beach is so close, you hear the hush of waves at night. It was so convenient to town that we left our car parked most of the time. I loved feeling like a resident of this beautiful oceanside town for just a few days.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I wanted to spend a nice weekend on the Oregon Coast with my fiance. We spent quite a bit of time looking around for the one place that just seemed like a good fit for us and after reading many good reviews on tripadvisor we decided to give this a try. When we arrived we were a bit confused that there wasn't an office on site but this ended up being a non-issue. We tend to be self sufficient travelers and a nice quiet weekend sounded very appealing.

Their was adequate parking for a small hotel and the location was close enough to town to be convenient but still off the beaten path a bit. We opened the door and we couldn't have been more pleased. March weather in Oregon can fairly stormy and this hotel was well prepared for a weekend indoors. It was pouring most the day Saturday and we enjoyed watching the ocean from our balcony. We decided to just make dinner in the room and we were pleasantly surprised with how well equipped the kitchen was. After making a nice dinner we grabbed a blanket out of the closet, curled up on the couch, lit a candle that was left in our room, and started the fire.

Things we liked:
Loved the location, great view, nice room that was well equipped.

What we didn't like:
Walls were a bit thin, could hear the people upstairs more than we cared too. The bed was too high off the ground, I felt like I was 5 crawling up onto this bed. Room service wasn't so great, we had to call and ask for new towels the next day and they ended up tracking sand in without bothering to clean it up.

All and all this was a great location and a very fond memory. I waited over a year before I got around to writing this review and I can honestly say time has not tarnished my high opinion of this property. If you are looking for a nice quiet place in Cannon Beach that will give you plenty to do, rain or shine, we enthusiastically recommend Sea Sprite on the Estuary.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PDX_Travel_Fan
Reviewed December 23, 2009

No other place in Cannon Beach comes close to the value you get at the Sea Sprite on the Estuary (hereafter referred to as "SSE"). Yes, the Ocean Lodge is an amazing hotel - but you're going to EASILY spend at least 2x-3x the money over there! For as long as the SSE maintains its amazing luxury, cleanliness and low prices, it will absolutely be our 1st choice for Cannon Beach lodging. Great kitchen, excellent bed and furniture, impressive quality throughout. The only negative that we found during our stay was the bath towels, which were surprisingly rough and uncomfortable ... but based on the overwhelming excellence of everything else in the room, I'd fully expect that they've addressed that oversight since our last stay. The estuary views from your room are amazing and maybe even better than the ocean view that you'd pay big $$$ for elsewhere. Highly, highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HREAM
Reviewed August 2, 2009

A search on Trip Advisor led us to Sea Sprite on the Estuary. It's an ocean-front rental beach condo with only 5 units, and it sits on a quiet estuary that feeds right into the ocean.

They have a website with photos and information, but you can't make online reservations or even check availability. So I called the main number to learn more about the location and set up my reservation. They do charge is a sizable cancellation fee should you have a change of plans. But...if you're sure about your Oregon Coast travel plans, then I highly recommend you book there and you book early. I booked the room two months ahead of time, and only one of their units was available.

Our unit was on the first floor, and the room above us was occupied by a family with several children. We could loud footsteps and jumping noises everytime they moved around. It became pretty annoying after awhile.

Anyhow, our unit had one bedroom with a king bed, along with a queen murphy bed in the living room. It was plenty of room for me, my husband and our 11-year-old daughter. The murphy bed had a regular mattress, not one of those thin, springy mattresses found in sofa beds. The unit also had a great kitchenette and an eating area. The kitchenette was well-stocked with cookware, plates, utensils and cups. There was a microwave, stove, refridgerator, coffeemaker and dishwasher. We picked up groceries at the nearby market and cooked most of our meals right in the room...which saved a ton of money! The dishwasher was really small and we found that it left a soapy taste in the cups, but everything else worked just fine. The portion of the unit that faced the ocean was very open with huge, picturesque windows, and a balcony off of the eating area. When we were in the room, we left the door and windows open to enjoy the Oregon Coast ocean breeze.

I wrote a more extensive review of our stay at Cannon Beach and the Oregon Coast....you can find it here: http://www.squidoo.com/oregoncoastvisit

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family