“Beware”

Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 24, 2010

My wife and I stopped here for breakfast this morning. It is a very nice restaurant outside and in but I would say they have serious staff issues at the moment. Looks like there is a family running the place and the kids are waitering/ waitressing. That is fine except that these kids clearly have no idea how to do this job. They are dressed in regular street clothes and are too young and inexperienced to be serving the public. They did not ask any of the right questions and screwed up both of our orders. Then to top it off, they gave us each others omelets and my wife already salted mine before we realized...and she really likes salt! Needless to say I did not enjoy my breakfast very much. I normally would have complained but I felt bad for the kid serving us. Its not his fault, his parents or the owner should not have put this kid in front of the public. Anyways, just be aware if you eat here. The food itself was so so.

Reviewed January 19, 2010

Not too many restaurants are open Tuesday off season at Cannon Beach so we opted for breakfast here. I'm glad we did. The omelet was deliscious and the service was very good.

1  Thank BettyandMichael
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We had Eggs Benedict, blueberry pancakes, and a Denver omlet. The Hollandaise sauce was light and lemoney, the pancakes were chock a block full of berries! Loved the home fries! The service was great.

Reviewed September 28, 2009

Directly across from the market in downtown Cannon Beach, the Local Grill and Scoop is a welcoming place for a meal or snack. With pup pails and a large patio deck in the front, people and puppy watching is at its best. Service was very friendly and quick. Breakfast came with choices and was hot and hearty. Cost was a little steep, but all in all, worth it.

Reviewed August 28, 2009

Very friendly service, fresh although not extensive salad bar, food was just OK (fish & chips mushy/bland, patty melt adequate, kids liked their quesadillas which were just basic, as expected).