“Awesome clam chowder, great sandwiches, friendly staff and pet friendly to boot!”

Local Grill & Scoop
Ranked #36 of 53 Restaurants in Cannon Beach
Cuisines: Grill
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed July 21, 2017

My wife and I stopped in for a Friday lunch. They have ample outdoor seating and the inside is spacious as well. The outdoor area was full of people (a good sign) and many of them had their dogs lazily lounging beside them or under the tables.

We split a bowl of clam chowder and a roast beef sandwich (that came with fries, coleslaw or for a bit more we could have had a cup of chowder or the salad bar). We chose the fries.

The clam chowder was great! Large chunks of potato and a generous helping of clams and bacon swimming in a thick creamy soup. The roast beef sandwich was also excellent.

The prices are a bit on the high side, but we were in need of a place to park ourselves after a long afternoon of walking and shopping in downtown Cannon Beach.

Reviewed July 10, 2017

We drove to the beach for the day and ate about 11 am. Everyone enjoyed their meal.
One person had a turkey sandwich and thought it was very good. Others had breakfast and also enjoyed it. Service was good prices a little high.

Everything was good not great.

Reviewed July 9, 2017

Had the best ham/cheese omelette for breakfast--the cheese just melted in your mouth. Had a huge cinnamon roll that was big enough as a starter for both of us. Great service with reasonable prices!

Reviewed July 5, 2017

Our dinner there was great! The food was good, service efficient and weather super for this time of year...we ate outside. The portions are generous and people watching outstanding. We will be back.

Reviewed June 20, 2017

This restaurant is the first place we hit because it is the closest to our cottage. It has always been a reliable good meal. Not very fancy but they have a salad bar and I like to get me some greens and fresh fish when I first hit town. The wait staff are new college kids at the beginning of the summer and you have to give them a bit of a break. I have a heart for these kids working a busy tourist town for the first time. I don't tend to expect too much from this place but every time I order a fish sandwich I am surprised! I had a very fresh piece of halibut grilled with a touch of lemon juice and some seasonings. I barely ate the bread and just divided into the fresh delicate tender piece of fish. This will have me stopping for a second meal this week. Yes the prices are a bit high, but worth it in downtown Cannon Beach without having to get in my car and drive anywhere. Their fish and chips are also fresh and my husband really enjoyed his special of the night "Chicken Fried Steak"!