“Good Mexican Food”
Review of Nuevo Vallarta

Nuevo Vallarta
Ranked #17 of 45 Restaurants in Canby
Reviewed September 17, 2012

When we want a sit down mexican dinner, this is where we head in Canby. They have the place looking cute, and the menu has much to choose from. Yummy

Reviewed June 19, 2012

one of my husbands favorite Mexican places to eat,its ok but not the best,prices were higher than most,not much of a variety,but seams to be clean enough cheerful decor,service is slow,but steady.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

This is one of my favorite places to eat, close to home. The portions are more than adequate, the establishment is clean, the prices are affordable, and the cocktails have always been made for customer satisfaction.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

we never miss celebrating a birthday at Nuevo Vallarta! The food is great and the staff is wonderful. A favorite is the shrimp and the burritos are delicious however anything on the menu is sure to please!

Reviewed April 17, 2012

Honestly, I've rarely had a quibble with the food at Nuevo Vallarta. I've gone back repeatedly, despite HORRIBLE service, because I loved their chile rellenos. Well, no more. As in NEVER. You likely couldn't pay me to step foot in this restaurant again. The bad service finally tipped over into utterly ridiculous. We sat waiting for nearly 20 minutes before someone took our order. We asked for an appetizer, and to my utter shock, it was out in less than five minutes. Granted, that might have been because it wasn't warmed thoroughly. Ok... I could live with lukewarm bean dip. What I couldn't fathom was why our entrees arrived less than five minutes after the appetizer. Really? Who does this?? Then it went from bad to worse... I took a bite of my beef burrito and all I could taste was cinnamon. I make picadillo at home. I know a dash of cinnamon is normal. This wasn't normal. It wasn't even edible. I pushed my plate away and waited for our server to come back. Guess what? They never did. Not even once. They had someone else drop the ticket off. Honestly, I am done with Neuvo Vallarta. Canby isn't a big place with lots of dining options, but the one thing we do have are several Mexican restaurants. I'd rather drive to El Tapatio in Milwaukie (15 miles away) then ever eat here again.

1  Thank ghostgyrl888