“Beautiful fields of dahlias”

Swan Island Dahlias
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Canby
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The best part for me is walking thru the vast fields of dahlias in bloom. There are hundreds of varieties and then visit the underground displays showing cut dahlias. You can purchase bulbs for delivery at planting time.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I've been going to the festival the last 2 years and amazed at all the different varieties. I usually take my mom and cameras. I love taking pics of the honeybees flying from plant to plant. Admission is free and there are plenty of food vendors if hungry. Also, plenty of flowers are on sale too. For those with kids, there's a play area set up by the entrance.

1  Thank Evan Z
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Very enjoyable even if you are not a horticulture geek. This visit is a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.
Swan Island Dahlias is the largest dahlia grower in the United States. It has been in operation for over 85 years. The Gitts family has owned and operated the business for over 40 years. It is unbelievable how many different kinds of dahlias are there, and they are so diverse but all gorgeous. Row after row for at least a mile.... There are several separate fields, so it is hard to see the end of this colorful sea of dahlias. Plan about 2 hours to really walk through and enjoy the fields. There is a considerable amount of walking involved, but it is easy terrain. You have an opportunity to order products at the end of your tour. A definite "Go See”! Even our 10 years old loved it!

1  Thank Put-Dorozhka
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have visited the tulip festival in Woodburn several times. So thought the Dahlia Festival was in order this year. What a delight. The selection was amazing. I went with a list of 8 I wanted to purchase after looking at their website. I hate to admit we purchased over 20 tubers to be delivered in the spring. What a wonderful way to shop for Dahlias. I also couldn't resist buying a couple of bunches of fresh flowers to bring home that day. Not a lot of food vendors on site. But the pulled pork and the chocolate muffin we had were both very good.

1  Thank luckyinlove02
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This free entry is awesome. I had no idea there were so many different types of dahlias. I highly recommend a visit. It is free.