“Out of Business - Now Sports Bar”
Review of Canby Pub & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Canby Pub & Grill
Cuisines: American
Mazatlan
“Out of Business - Now Sports Bar”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Canby Pub closed up and sold to new owner. He did complete renovation into the Backstop Bar and Grill. Nice people and good choices. Very popular happy hour.

• Visited October 2013

Oregon
“No longer Canby Pub..now Backstop Bar & Grill”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Since their opening, we have been there one to three times a week. We usually go for happy hour (3-6pm.) Decent prices on drinks and good value on food. We've had no bad experiences yet. The owner is Great and the bartenders are experienced. I highly recommend Backstop.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank NeedzAnotherVacation
Portland, Oregon
“Now Backstop Bar & Grill”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Much, much better. Sports bar themed. Full menu and great beers on tap. Had an excellent sandwich, great service. Big improvement over the prior establishment.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Rob C
Oregon City, Oregon
“Closed down...very disappointing. New restaurant only average.”
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Closed down...very disappointing. New restaurant only average. Now called Backstop Bar and GRILL. My Mexican salad was not very good and would not order again.

• Visited June 2013
Wilsonville, Oregon, United States
“Good food, atmosphere and service”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was my second visit to the Canby Pub and Grill and it was better than the first (now under new management). Three brothers, of which I am the youngest at 71, were dining with their 96 year old mother before attending a musical concert. One brother and I ordered the daily special prime rib, one brother ordered seafood fettichini and my mother orderd a french dip sandwich. The sandwich was average looking and she said it was good. The brother who ordered the fettichini noted that it contained more seafood than any other place he had ever tasted that particular dish and that is was very delicious. My other brother and I ordered the prime rib, the daily special. We ordered the 8 oz, portion, but when they brought it, it appeared to to at least 12 oz and more than either of us could eat. Mine, order medium rate, was perfect. It was so tasty, but also so large that I could not eat it all and the same with my brother who ended upssending half of his home with me as he was catching a plane the next morning. We had garlic mashed potatoes ( a bit to mushy for my taste) and what tasted like fresh green beans as side dishes. The service was good as well as the atmosphere. It took just a bit too long to be served our meal as we had a curtin time to meet. The portions were more than sufficient, but the leftovers the next couple of days were wonderful. I am anxous to return and have the prime rib again and will certainly recommend this restaurant to friends and relatives.

• Visited May 2013