“Charge a Ridiculous Fee for Cancelation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Camp Sherman
Cold Springs Resort and RV Park
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I made a reservation and had to cancel the reservation 6 weeks later due to a change in family circumstances. I cancelled 11 weeks beforehand and they charged me $25 for the cancellation fee. Absolutely ridiculous and we will never stay here in future - I don't reward companies that swindle potential customers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
15  Thank A L

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very nice campground; great location; clean; nice amenities; quiet; staff has been very nice.
The campground area is a mixture of full hook ups, and sites with only elect/water. I camp with a little camper with no bath so use the shower/bathroom facilities at the campground. They only have 1 bathroom for the entire campground. And it is all one room - so no showering if someone is just using the bathroom. Becomes very frustrating trying to get a shower in the morning or evening with all of us trying to get in there. There is also a porta-potty set up nearby but --yuk -- really, for such a nice campground. They need to put in another bathroom, especially for the cost of the nightly fees ($40 at the time of my stay) which is right at the top for around the Camp Sherman area so would expect there to be better facilities for those who don't have onboard bath/shower in campers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Travel L
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just got back from a week's vacation at Cold Springs Resort and wish we were still there :-). Three of us stayed in the Spruce Cabin and 2 more in the RV park.

The cabin was cozy and clean with a beautiful view of the river. My favorite time of the day was early in the morning, drinking coffee on the deck , and hearing nothing but the birds and the river.

The staff is absolutely wonderful, friendly and helpful. The resort is also incredibly dog friendly and my Lab/Dane mix was happy as could be.

Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Stayed in Spruce and it was nice, but got a peek at both the Log and Riverside Cabins. Better space...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TerriNWSea
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I think I can best review this place with a description, because I didn't really know what to expect.

Perhaps the best thing about Cold Springs Resort is the location, just walk over a bridge and up a bit to the delightful Camp Sherman General Store and post office that seem to make up "downtown" Camp Sherman. It's an easy and flat 2.5 mile walk or bike ride on a well maintained path to the head of the Metolius River - one of the most beautiful hikes I've ever taken and I've taken many. We weren't quite up to the 10 mile round trip to Suttle Lake but if we didn't have kids it would make a great day trip. Instead we drove 5 miles to the Wizard Falls Hatchery which also had a fun hike and was an interesting site to see. As far as I could tell, "Camp Sherman" is just one long stretch of cabins and camp grounds, and I think based on location alone, Cold Springs Resort would be among the top places to stay, if not the top.

You'll also tell from the other reviews the people are a hoot. We met both Wayne and Heather and found them as friendly and helpful as could be. There were lots of families and A LOT of dogs among the other guests, and everyone was pleasant enough, overall it was quiet.

The resort is basically a loop with a mix of log cabins, cottages, and RV spaces that are both privately owned and available for rent. We stayed in a cottage which we were sad to find out did not have a fire ring, though Heather helped us find one we could use. The cottage had a great back deck and kitchen, narrow living room, sleeping loft that as others mentioned is only about 4' tall, and the smallest master bedroom I have ever been in. There was about 1 foot between the end of the bed and the wall, and maybe 18-24" on either side. Tons of storage and closet space. The whole place actually reminded me of a ship. It was bordering on tiny, but very clean and well appointed, and fine for our family of 5 (one infant).

For me the term "resort" brings up expectations of a pool, maybe a common area with games... horseshoe, something like that. There wasn't anything like this here, and it would be a great addition. Still, the walking, card games, and reading were relaxing and rejuvinating.

Room Tip: Definitely try for a cabin with a river view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank monkey_family4
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The amenities are many but be prepared for extra fees and double visitor fees during holidays. the staff especially at the top of the food chain are downright discourteous and obnoxious in enforcement of some implied but not listed rules. You can go fast on your golf cart with disregard for kids, without staff reprimand, but if your dogs are puppies and dont have their barking or whining vocal cords removed then forget them at home, because they will threaten you with kicking you out for that! Will probably not be back until we are gray, strike that, too many other great friendly campgrounds that dont make you feel you are in prison with all the security at the front gate!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Andy P
ColdSpr, Manager at Cold Springs Resort and RV Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Wow Andy, we sure don't like to see these reviews, however as manager and someone who cares about your visit I sure would like to know more about this situation and "the staff at the top of the food chain" that caused you to have this unfortunate stay. The only reason had it been I that made any such comment would have been due to complaints from other guests and continuous barking. And since I haven't had to do that, I'd really like to know more and have the opportunity to try and make things right for you. So I hope you'll give me a call. Wayne

Reviewed May 23, 2013

went to get a little break from home life and work; perfect respite. What relaxing views, host Wayne and hostess Anastasia were wonderful and perfectly appointed cabin. Views of the river and meadow and very dog friendly and wonderful for humans and dogs alike. Cozy cabin and wonderful DECK for viewing, dining, chatting, chilling. Squirrel and birds throughout, peaceful and full of serene nature. Great hike along the river trail.

Room Tip: We had the Alder cabin... next to meadow.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gail g
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed mid week in Aspen cabin. It was so cozy and clean. The hostess, Heather, fussed over us like we were the only ones there. A beautiful lawn was the only thing between the river and our deck. We hiked, road bikes, watched aspray catch fish and geese with their chicks paddle up river. We had a full kitchen so we cooked in and ate on the deck. Beautiful weather for May, in the 70's. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah B

Been to Cold Springs Resort and RV Park? Share your experiences!