“Split a steak for best value”
Review of Meat Hook Steakhouse - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Meat Hook Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for the night in Burns and asked the desk clerk for a restaurant. He pointed us to the Meat Locker. As another reviewer said it was a bit pricey but the food was ample for sharing. The soecial that night was a16 oz. ribeye. My husband and I like our meat cooked to different temps and the server said she would have the cook cut the steaks in half and cook them separately. Perfect! Since the meal came with soup and salad my husband had the soup while I had the salad but the server said we could have ordered two salads instead. The salad was delicious excellent quality lettuce. The steak was cooked perfectly. We also had bread and butter. To top it off the dinner included a hot fudge sundae which the server had split into two bowls. We each had a beer and still the meal was just $33 for both of us. We left very satisfied. The servers could not have been more pleasant or accommodating.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Most people seemed to be local and were obviously enjoying themselves.
The waitresses were especially helpful, as I was requesting something off the menu.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I loved the service, the cook came out the clarify my order and cooked my steak just right for me. The wait gal was very friendly and helpful. The place is run down but close to my hotel and the food was great. I'd go back

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Good food, decent service, nice atmosphere. The green bean chili was excellent and my son's roast beef sandwich was very good. I'd go there again next time I'm in Burns.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Their special of the day was all-you-can-eat taco that night. It was Thursday night past 6pm and the restaurant was half full. By my quick observation, about 30% of the patrons were enjoying the taco special and the taco looked pretty good and enticing. But at the place named Meat Hook, I couldn’t allow myself to be strayed from ordering colossal red meat; I ordered a Rib Eye. It came with a hot mini-loaf bread (I think it was a wheat), soup, salad and ice cream dessert. Even though meat is the main event, they are not weak on their salad department either. The salad contained a lot of fresh greens and the most remarkably, they make their own salad dressings; Ranch, Thousand Island, Blue Cheese, Honey Mustard and some kind of vinaigrette that I recall. Everything tasted great and the service was prompt. The chef (I am guessing) came out and chatted with patrons (even bused and refilled at times) making sure everything is all right; it seemed like he prides himself in his work and it was pleasant to see that.
It is not a fancy steak house. The meals were served on mismatched plates – some plates are plastic. There is no romantic lightings, and no plush seating; just some cowboy/ranch themed paintings and décor. Everybody eating there was wearing pants; the only one who was wearing a skirt was a little girl. Some people were in work clothes and some were wearing camouflage (they must be hunters) with muddy boots.
They named this place right on; what I conjured up from the name Meat Hook Steak House was correct – this is a great meat joint without pretence.

1  Thank SWMDL60