“Just plain good food”

Add it.
Meat Hook Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Eastern Oregon is cattle country and beef was what's for dinner when I went to the Meat Hook! The rib steak is the specialty of the house and it is not to be passed up - mine was absolutely all that a medium-rare rib steak should be: tender, juicy and delicious. The decor of the Meat Hook was a bit on the tired side, and I have to wonder about the genesis of the name of the place, but it is suggestive of the focus of the place, and anyway, I didn't go for atmosphere. The service was excellent and the food was outstanding. I'd go for the steak again at any opportunity.

1  Thank GeezersOnTheGo-123

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere is great. The waitress was friendly and "steakhouse-ie" (yeah, i made up that word- you'd know if you saw her)
Meals are complete (small loaf of bread, salad AND soup, main course and dessert.)

The bread was delicious and fresh.
The salads were mixed greens and not just iceberg and carrots.

My son had the French dip. It was served on a large roll much like the bread loaf. It had generous portions of real beef (not processed or pre-sliced. The Jo-Jo's (wedge fries) were fresh cut and seasoned perfectly.

My wife had the top sirloin. It was slightly overlooked. But, the cut was good and quality was great. Mashed potatoes were home-made. The mixed veggies were over-cooked but looked nice. I would suggest they steam or grill them for a more fresh texture.

I had the ribeye served bone-in as it should be. It was cooked perfectly and required no help. They seasoned it only with salt and pepper allowing the true flavors to come out. Same issue with the veggies. But, a great meal regardless.

The chef came out and checked on our meals. A must in my book for any steakhouse.

Bottom line. This is a great place to dine should you pass through burns. I will Absolutley come again! If the veggies were better it would have been top stars all throughout!

1  Thank Lazyjwilliam
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place has terrible food. The beer was OK but the wine was sour. The quality of my fajitas was a 1 out of 10. If you must eat here, just order a beer and a grilled cheese sandwich with a baked potato.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a basic steak house - nothing fancy, but very good. I ate here because my colleagues recommended it and because they said that the beef was local. The rib steak was cooked with the bone-in, the only way it should be; it had excellent flavor. The chicken soup served as an apetizer was outstanding - one of the best soups I've had at a restaurant in years. The meal also came with a mixed-green salad, a fresh loaf of bread, and a bean/carrot veggie mix. Service by the friendly staff was very good as well. The restaurant was clean - even the windows. If I come by this way again, I won't hesitate to eat here again.

1  Thank SallyFromTucson
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Good value for the price. Had the sirloin which included a wonderful cup of homemade soup, a salad that was not iceberg (surprise), choice of potato and veggies (not so good), plus a small dish of ice cream at the end. The steak was cooked perfectly and very good. The service was very good and the staff was pleasant. The price was very reasonable.

1  Thank MackayTravel