“Clean, quiet, close to downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Silver Spur Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Burns
Silver Spur Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burns
Nuevo Casas Grandes, Mexico
“Clean, quiet, close to downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

We stopped in Burns before heading to Steens Mountain an hour south. Robert Carlson is the owner,and is very pleasant to deal with.

The room is nice and clean, the wi-fi works well(big plus), the only drawback was I like very hot water for showers, it was just enough for me.

Location to down town Burns is real good, and surprisingly quiet even though its located along the highway. We ate at the Mexican restaurant just down the street due to his suggestion, it was worth it.

We'll stay here again when we visit next time. The overall price is real good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travel8818

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

As soon as I set foot into the lobby of the Silver Spur Motel I felt like stepping back in time. I was warmly welcomed by a lovely couple and since I was offered an excellent rate I checked in on the spost. Sometimes it might be better visiting a few motel before taking a decision ( I usually do so)but in this case I'm glad I didn't waste any time. I was travelling with my brother and we were offered a huge spotless room at the first floor including microwave, refrigerator, wi fi connection and a good LCD TV set.. The bathroom was immaculate. The motel overall appearance reminded me of those beautiful motels of the 60's and 70's but unlike most of similar places the quality has not at all faded away with the passing of time. In the morning we had a REAL breakfast in the lobby, exchanging at the ckeck out time a few words with the same lady who checked us in the previous : it was like talking to a good aunt. Just to give an idea of the way customers are treated let me add that at the check in we were offered free microwave popcorn bags and that hanging from the walls customers can find several windshield ice scrapers.Should I return to Burns that'll be my place again.

Room Tip: As far as I've seen all the rooms offer the same excellent quality
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank d8889
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

This motel is a little older, but the room was fine. Free wifi and continental breakfast. Pleasant staff.

• Stayed August 2011
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I loved the Silver Spur and will return whenever I'm in Burns Oregon. It was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2011

I stayed at the Silver Spur at the beginning and end of a weekend traveling up to Washington State. The owners were friendly and accommodating. The lodging is older and a bit worn but clean enough and comfortable. Right around the corner from an amazing eatery, the Broadway Deli, so that was a major plus. The only challenge was on the morning after my first night there was no continental breakfast due a little over sleepage on the owner's part but otherwise I found the price and room perfect for a place to sleep and regroup. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank george_sand
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

Older looking motel from the outside but the rooms will surprise you. My room was very clean and comfortable. I really enjoyed parking just a few feet away from the door of our room! It made it easy for hauling our stuff in and out of the room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Tommy083
Bend, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

Pros: The owners of this hotel live on-site and are professional and accomodating. The room was clean and the heater worked quite well.

Cons:
Location is right on the Highway. And I mean right on the highway. Our room was near the roadway and trucks woke us up all night long.

Dogs barked well past midnight. These were guests dogs not neighborhood dogs.

The room was extremely dated and worn. It needs a complete makeover. The beds in particular were very loud. They make noises every time you moved. There was nothing even remotely nice about the quality of the furnishings, fixtures and decorations.
___

I used the glowing references from previous guests who posted on Trip Advisor before I booked the room. This is the first time I have ever been disappointed by a hotel I have vetted using TA. That is not to say the other posters views were inaccurate only that there is no accounting for taste. We cut our stay short here and relocated to another nearby hotel with similar rates and were very satisfied. Even if one is on a very limited budget I would not recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank bendorbreak
silverspurmotel, Owner at Silver Spur Motel, responded to this review, December 22, 2010
I am very puzzled by this review. Most of our guests love our rooms with their antique western furniture. It is very rare that we hear a comment about road noise. We are eager to show our rooms to potential guests. A few of our rooms can be viewed on our website.

We do allow pets in certain rooms. This is our first complaint about dogs, On the night in question, we did have a guest with a couple of dogs. I wished the guest who wrote the review had informed us about the barking dogs. We would have investigated the noise and spoken to the owners of the dogs if we had heard the barking dogs. When this guest checked out, he did mention that he heard dogs barking. We spoke to another guest who was closer to the room with the dogs. He said that he did not hear the dogs. I am very puzzled by this review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burns
Americas Best Value Inn
Days Inn Burns
Days Inn Burns
#3 of 3 in Burns
Rory and Ryan Inn
Rory and Ryan Inn
#2 of 3 in Hines
BEST WESTERN Rory & Ryan Inns

Been to Silver Spur Motel? Share your experiences!