“No pad Thai and Karl Rove at dinner?”

Elkhorn Club and Linda's Thai Room
Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in Burns
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed October 14, 2013

What kind of Thai restaurant will only serve Pad Thai at lunch. We were the only people in the restaurant when it opened at 5 and when my husband asked for his favorite Thai dish that is a staple in every other Thai Restaurant he was told it was only available at lunch. Pretty silly if you ask me. We had the Pad see we instead and while it was tasty the chicken was so overlooked it was like eating sawdust. Veggies were cooked perfect and sauce and noodles were good and portion was big enough for two along with an order of very strange (but tasty) pot stickers which seemed to have maybe been baked rather than steamed or fried. Again a nice large portion. We were told this was the best restaurant in town and after reading the reviews I must say we were a bit disappointed at the actual experience. Perhaps a more personable server than the extremely quiet fellow who served us would have helped. Also the ambience of Fox News on the big screen a few feet away was enough to ruin my appetite anyway. I mean who wants to listen or look at Karl Rove while eating! ;-)

1  Thank quiltgran6

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I think it would be really hard to find a good Thai restaurant away from the big cities. This was no exception. It's probably better than most other restaurants in Burns/Hines because it's healthier food.

I was there early in the week so did not experience the wait that other reviewers had. I noted that the portions were huge and chose to have one dish with my husband - a rice noodle dish with vegetables and chicken and there was plenty for both of us.

I would go there again when travelling through.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

It looked more like a local diner than a Thai restaurant, but we were happily surprised. The gentleman that took our orders was a bit interesting, but he took care of us well. It was great to be able to hear and smell our food cooking off in the kitchen. I loved my fried rice, not as greasy as some I have had. The steak salad was incredible with a crisp lime dressing.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

this is an odd combo- thai in the old elkhorn club bar. The server was very friendly and the thai food was very good- surprising for burns. Like other reviewers noted, it takes a long time to get the food- not a place to go when you are in a hurry.

1  Thank carley36
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Best Thai food we've had in quite a while. Really like the Hot Curry with shrimp & vegetables. However, you may want to share. I'm a big eater, and after at least five helpings of rice and curry, there was still enough curry left over for another meal. And it's a little pricy for Burns ($20 for the curry) Unfortunately, we really didn't have any way to take the leftovers with us on our Goldwing!