“Time Warp”

Ye Olde Castle
Ranked #20 of 25 Restaurants in Burns
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This is a step into the past. Great feel in a diner. The staff was awesome and the place is filled with great toys and bicycles from yesteryear. The meal was like grandma makes and plenty of it. We asked about purchasing a whole pie from the cabinet and we were told they only sold by the slice, i said then sell me six slices. The server said well let me ask the owner, she returned with the answer we wanted and said yes to the whole pie. Much to our surprise she had cut the pie into six large slices and packaged to go. We truly enjoyed our visit and would make the effort to return while driving through again. Thanks for the great service and great pie.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Now, Burns, OR is literally in the middle of nowhere. Onr needs to drive 150+ miles to get there and another 150+ miles to get out. There are a couple of restaurants and this one is the most authentic mom& pop restaurant I've seen since Ozzie & Harriet left to meet their maker. We had breakfast, so how tough can it be anyway? Still, it was good, the cook-waiter-server-busser (all the same guy) was friendly and fun. I my visit into yesteryear.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Great breakfast, pancakes, warm syrup, great coffee, and every type of Swinn bicycle , my husband could barely eat for looking at the antiques. Some thing are for sale, if you collect.
Over all a cool place to eat , will a total blast for the past . They has a bar that looks like the 70's
Shag carpet and all.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Not your normal style dinner, but home-cooked meals in a 50's restaurant with all memorabilities from that era. If you're into fifties toys, trains, bicycles and all the other stuff the guys from PawnStars are crazy about, go have a look at this place.
The meals are decent, but very tasty. The home-made pies are delicious! Friendly priced and great for kids.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

On a recent trip to visit my dad in Burns we decided to eat breakfast at Ye old castle. It's an antique museum and restaurant. We were the only people in the restaurant and the waitress was great but the dishes had a weird film on them and one of my spoons had organic material on it (looked like eggs that had been run through hot water). My mom said that they eat there all the time and that film is left from the bleach(or other cleaner) that they use. Normally when something like that happens I leave but we stayed because it was recommended. The food took a long time to get to us but that was ok because that gave us a chance to look at all the cool stuff. When we got our meal (there were 8 of us) I was glad I had waited. The food was awesome!. Biscuits and gravy tasted home made (unlike the gross ones at the apple peddler). My young daughters loved the apple cider and I appreciated having a warm drink alternative to hot chocolate. I would recommend this place to anyone who is passing through burns that likes a home cooked meal. Even though I had a dirty spoon experience my family and I had a great meal.