“What more could you ask for?” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Beachfront Inn

BEST WESTERN PLUS Beachfront Inn
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
San Diego
“What more could you ask for?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Our rooms were spacious and clean, although water pressure from the shower was a little low. Quiet, and with an awsome view even from the first floor. Only down side was the lack of walkable amenities (restaraunts, etc.). There is a bar/restaurant accross the street, but we found it unfriendly and just adequate for food quality. However, would highly recommend to anyone in the area wanting to spend a beachfront night!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
Mount Rainier Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

We almost always choose Best Westerns because we are traveling with our dog and do not want to be treated like we're caring some sort of plague and stuck in the worst room because of our pet.
This Best Western has really nice clean rooms, good views and a really comfy bed. My husband wants me to add that the shower was extra fantastic - good water pressure etc. as that's a key point he appreciates in a nice hotel room.
We liked the rocky beach. Thought the staff at the desk was pretty nice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StormyRainier
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Room was spacious and very comfortable. It included a microwave and refrigerator.

Views were amazing! I had paid for a premium oceanfront room which was advertised as 150 feet from the beach and had spoken to front desk staff to determine the differences between premium and regular beachfront rooms. The building that we were in was farther from the ocean than cheaper rooms, but as noted earlier view was wonderful. I asked why we were not in the closer building and they indicated that I had also requested a third floor room which I received. I considered asking them to refund the difference, but we were really quite delighted with the room and the view, so I decided not to contest the distance to the water.

For the cost I think some sort of breakfast should have been included, but the views and comfort of the room were wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stillhouse1
dsnaz, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Beachfront Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank-you for your review. Sorry about the confusion on the room type. We should be more clear. We have two buildings we consider Oceanfront, the one you stayed in and the other closer one. The middle building is the Oceanview building and we try to descibed that as a smaller room further from the ocean.

We are currently in the process of adding a breakfast room and we hope to be serving a onsite breakfast by August 1st.

Thank-you

Dave Snazuk, manager
Medford, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I have been staying here for 15 years. It is a favorite trip every year. Clean rooms, super friendly service and the view is worth everything! What a great hotel, they have maintained their relevance with updated decor and furniture. I love it here!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Darbyanne
Sacramento CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Driving up to the property I am thinking it will be a tired beachfront motel.
WRONG!
I asked for a quiet location and I was placed in Room 600, at the end of the building on the top floor. It's quiet enough to hear the waves crashing all night!

I was very happily surprised at the size of the room, at the cleanliness of every surface including the carpet, AND WOW what nice bed linens! High quality polished cotton, high quality pillows, and very clean bedspread. The mattress was in great condition and I was very comfortable.

One bath towel was super thick and seemed new. I noticed that the others were older and worn down. Perhaps they stock every room with one nice towel?

Front desk service was efficient and knowledgeable.

I will definitely stay here on my next business trip to Brookings!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Radiofiesta
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

Reviewing this hotel based on location, cleanliness, and amazing view (except the jacuzzi room view, because the tub disrupts it) is a no-brainer. This hotel merits an excellent rating (which I have given it in the past) for those reasons alone, so if those preferences fulfill your criteria and you don't mind paying for them, you'll get them here. However, if you're a traveller like me who values Customer Service and Customer Loyalty, and who chooses to spend their money where those expectations are met or exceeded, you might be interested in my last few experiences at the Best Western Plus Beachfront Inn:

In January 2011 when I made my reservation the person who answered the phone was rude, in a hurry, and basically told me "this is what I have, take it or leave it". I took the room at the high price quoted (this hotel is usually more expensive than others in Brookings and Gold Beach because the location and the Best Western name command it). I rationalized my decision thus: I knew the value I'd get for my money, I was booking the trip last minute, and we all have bad days from time to time, even folks in hospitality.

In March 2011 I had a similar bad experience when booking my stay, a stay that culminated in me having to flee my room in the middle of the night because of the Brookings tsunami, which was caused by the devastating earthquake in Japan. Of course I know the hotel couldn't predict or control the tsunami. However, I was shocked that no offer of apology for the inconvenience, offer of a free night's stay, or even a partial reimbursement for my room that night (which I had to abandon when the tsunami horn sounded) was forthcoming from the Best Western Plus Beachfront Inn. Nothing. Really? Wow.

In April 2012 I gave the Best Western Plus Beachfront Inn one more try. Was I shocked when I called to make my reservation and got an unfriendly, matter-of-fact, person in a hurry on the other end of the line? Not really. Was I surprised that the price quoted over the phone was $40 higher than the hotel website advertised, because "that's all we have"? A little. I was trying to book in the middle of a rainy week in April. Was I offended that the hotel representative didn't seem to care if I stayed at her hotel or not? Yes, absolutely. She looked me up in the hotel computer, saw that I was a Best Western Rewards customer, knew how often I'd stayed at the Best Western PLUS Beachfront Inn, and made no effort whatsoever to work with me, or even to say she was sorry we couldn't make it work this time, but we look forward to seeing you next time. Do you think she thought or cared about seeing this customer again? I don't, not for a minute.

I see the number of good reviews for the Best Western Plus Beachfront Inn, and given the great location, cleanliness, and view the high ratings are merited. However, consistent, friendly, appreciative Customer Service is a significant part of the travel experience, and a priority for me. I look for this information in TripAdvisor reviews, before making the decision about where, when, and how I spend my travel dollars. Needless to say, I doubt I'll be spending any more of them at the Best Western Plus Beachfront Inn.

Room Tip: The best ocean views are from the King rooms without jacuzzi.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank SunMoonSea
Huntsville, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

Beautiful location right on the beach. We stayed in a 1 bedroom suite that had a king bed and 2 sleeper sofas. It was in building closest to the beach. Very large room (room 325) Big kitchen area and large living area!!! Jacuzzi tub on master bedroom. Big balcony. Perfect for a family. Teenagers did not complain about the sleeper sofas so they must have been comfortable. Not fancy but very clean and well appointed. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room 325 if you want this suite...nice room. There is an elevator in this building.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank momof3boysinAL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
Ocean Suites
Brookings Inn
Brookings Inn
#8 of 8 in Brookings
Lucky 7 Casino & Hotel – Howonquet Lodge

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Beachfront Inn? Share your experiences!