South Coast Inn Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Brookings
See available hotels
Westward Inn(Brookings)
Brookings Inn(Brookings)
Ocean Suites Motel(Brookings)
View Hotel
Ship Ashore Resort(Smith River)
View Hotel
All reviewsangel roomb bone nightplace to stayown bathrooma lovely stayroad tripfree breakfastgas fireplacehostscoastconveniencedrawershwyocean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Michael, Cheryl and Mum were fantastic hosts during our stay at the South Coast BNB. We were made to feel very welcome with nice touches such as wine and goodies on our arrival. Michael is very generous with his time and engaged in some stimulating discussion on all sorts of topics which gave us good insights into Oregon and its history. Plus his tip for dinner was spot on. The room, house and gardens are immaculate. A very relaxing and therapeutic place to stay.

1  Thank graemdaw
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Where do we start. As we drove into the BandB, there were three deer at the front door. Loved it. Michael, who is the owner,chef,maid,handyman and Gardner had left us a sticky note on the door addressing me by first name that he was doing chores and Call him on the cell. I haven't had that amount of personalization since my days at the Four Seasons. Michael appeared before we could call him and led us to our private cabin on the property. When you stay there, you must stay at the cabin. Your own cabin, patio overlooking beautiful gardens, full kitchen, stocked with fresh ground coffee, great bed/ bathroom and private gate to your car. Grace, his Mom was also there and truly a lovely lady. I believe she is able to have what little control one would have over Michael. His breakfast was fantastic and the main house itself is so inviting and comfortable, out do want to take your shoes coffee and chill. We did not see the other rooms but I am sure they are as comfortable as the rest coffee the house. It is the end of season when we stayed and after running a thousand guests through in three months, one could tell that Michael needed either a long nap or an IV drip of Absolute to get through the rest of the season. If it were me, they would need to have an armed guard to keep me from
going ballistic. I loved him. Great sense of humor and humility. Did not meet his lady, Chery, but that gives me another reason to visit next year. She works at the local prison, so at least she has a place to put Michael after season to recuperate. Next year I will spend more time at the Inn and explore what appears to be quite a lovely town to see and chill.

Room Tip: The private cabin is the best, just don't reserve it when I want it
2  Thank 10,904
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Staying at this b&b was like staying with old friends. Michael and Cheryl made us feel so welcome. They offered us a glass of wine and gave us permission to go into their "snack closet" any time we wished. Our conversations were also very uplifting. The whole place is beautifully furnished with interesting reading selections available on their coffee table. Our room, which opened onto a private patio with a pond/fountain and a private entrance, felt like we had our own secret garden. The house is surrounded by the most beautiful garden, and the front porch looks inviting, too. Excellent dinner recommendations, which they had reserved for us ahead of time. We left feeling blessed to have been there for two nights!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I had a fantastic stay at the South Coast B&B. Michael and Chery were such gracious hosts. They made a dinner reservation for us, shared some good coast hikes and scenic drives, provided drinks and snacks and made a delicious breakfast! We felt very welcomed in their home. The room was very comfortable. We wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Beautiful home, wonderful bed and terrific breakfasts! Hosts were so friendly and helpful and really made us feel welcome. Excellent location from which to explore redwoods and beaches. Recommended restaurants were both outstanding. Highly recommend whethere traveling through or as a destination. One of the best places we have ever stayed...thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple