“Excellent Mexican lunch!”

rancho viejo family restaurant
Ranked #26 of 66 Restaurants in Brookings
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Lunch was excellent today! Note the age of the negative reviews and take that in account when you look at this place. I just had some of the best mole chicken enchiladas I've had. Two thumbs up!!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stopped here based on the other TA reviews and we weren't disappointed! The food was good. The service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive. The portions were huge. The prices were very reasonable considering the size of the portions.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This is the third Mexican restaurant we've tried in the Brookings area and we prefer the food here and by far they have the best salsa - chunky and a bit of a hot after burn but very tasty.

We both got the ground beef super burrito for $9.95 each which seems to be the going price at all Mexican restaurants. What I liked about the burrito was it only came with a layer of beans and ground beef inside versus also being stuffed with rice which I think takes away from the taste of the beef. They served the rice and more beans on the side so I was happy!!

Service was good and the waitress very attentive and checked back with us.

They had a great variety of different dishes on the menu, i.e. a chile relanos burrito which I hadn't seen before. I would eat here again when we are in the Brookings area.

2  Thank gypsylady002a
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The place seemed to be still a bit unfinished but the food and serving size was wonderful. Lunch was a beef burrito with rice and beans for $5. My wife had enchiladas. Great price! Great Food!! Maybe I should have had two lunches. Easy parking right off 101 in Brookings.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great Mexican food and great prices. Although I differ on the definition of pico de gallo with the cook -- the dinner was fantastic. Prices reasonable. I will go again when I'm in the area.

1  Thank Retired T