“it has a pool....”
Review of Brookings Inn

Brookings Inn
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Brookings
Reviewed August 16, 2007

This motel is just fine.... not great.... nothing to write home about. But the rooms were clean, it was reasonably quiet, and the people at the front desk were friendly.

The only real problem is, as others had suggested, the wifi didn't work so well... I could see the signal, but it wouldn't connect consistently. So I got out my ethernet cable and plugged it into the wall... fast internet workie. No, it's not perfect to have to go wired, but really... not that big of a deal.

The pool is nice, nice temperature, and we were the only ones in the pool on Thursday and Friday. My daughter LOVED it.

If you want a pool, and want to spend under $100/night, there's no other choice in Brookings, and this place is just fine for me. Don't expect the ritz.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank marksalad

Reviewed July 18, 2007

One of the worst hotels we stayed in during our coastal tour of Oregon. Very dated room which did not smell good. Internet connectivity did not work so I had to use the guest computer in the office lounge. Breakfast at the adjacent restaurant was good and a very good value, but not worth the night in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank IndianaDan
Reviewed July 17, 2007

We stayed in this motel for four days. It was very close to the beaches and any amenities we needed. Since I had two teenagers with me the pool was fantastic to keep them busy when it was to late to be on the beach. The room was very clean, and was made that way each day we where there. The staff was always helpful with information and us asking for pool towels. I had never stayed here before but we will definately be back!!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank wyldflower
Reviewed May 30, 2007

Best Western has an 800 number and I booked the Waterfront Inn in Brookings...literally on the water. Jacuzzi room, oceanview all the goodies. I've stayed there before and loved it. You can open the windows and listen to the surf from any room in the place. However, instead of booking directly (I WILL next time), I booked using the 800 number. I booked a jacuzzi oceanview room and drove to the coast. Upon arriving, the front desk can't find my reservation. The clerk said "Oh you must be booked at the other Best Western in Brookings." It is 5 miles from the coastline on the main highway and how anyone could book an oceanview room from there beats me. They were right. The main office booked the wrong hotel. Upon arrival, having limited mobility, I had booked a handicapped non-smoking jacuzzi room. I opened the door and was knocked down by the stinch of stale smoke. No air conditioning or even a fan in the room. The jacuzzi tub and shower are all part of the main sleeping room. It was muggy, stinky and nasty. Upon contacting the management, they informed me that was the only jacuzzi room on the bottom floor. It was, however right across the parkinglot from the swimming pool which was loud. Eventually I calmed down and tried to make the best of it. I found a wonderful little Mom and Pop coffee shop walking distance and after leaving all the windows open while I was gone to the beach, the temperature was livable upon return. Having the tub and the shower in the same room develops mold and it is not a good idea. I highly recommend the Waterfront Brookings BW, but only as a last resort the one on highway 101. Luckily I was able to enjoy the outdoors and the beach. There also is a new minimall down by the boat dock with wonderful shops and a great espresso shop. Sit inside or walk over and sit overlooking the boats. GREAT vacation spot. Better during the week...not so busy

Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank From97501
Reviewed September 5, 2006

This motel is right on 101 which is convenient, but expect some traffic noise. The room was standard chain motel decor. The rate included a continental breakfast which was served at the adjoining restaurant. The primary reason we chose this particular spot was that it advertised in-room wireless internet access. We were disappointed to discover that it wasn't working in the room and there wasn't anyone on duty who could solve the problem. At least we could use the computer in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank emcole
Reviewed October 19, 2005

This is a very well maintained place. On our most recent visit we stayed in one of the cheaper rooms, and we had a fantastic ocean view.

Our room was fresh, clean, and attractive. This is a great place to stay.

Unfortuntely, the nearby restaurant which seems to be associated with the hotel is not as good as it used to be. On this visit we got a pretty bad meal for the same price other restaurants charge for good food, and the service was slap-dash as well.

• Stayed: September 2005
3  Thank wonderfulworld
Reviewed January 16, 2004

We decided to break up our yearly trip up the Oregon Coast with a stop in Brookings. I had stayed at the Best Western Brookings Inn years ago and knew it was a fairly nice hotel. We had a ground floor room and it was a bit noisy, but close to the truck which was loaded with camping gear, so it was o.k. The rooms are average to small but the main attraction for us was the indoor pool, a new addition since my last visit, and the kids loved it. It was the perfect way to relax before heading up the road. There is also a fairly decent restuarant/diner on the property that serves a good breakfast . So if you want a decently priced stay and don't mind being right on the main drag, be careful pulling out onto the highway, this place should do the trick.

• Stayed: July 2003
13  Thank Cory H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookings
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn
#7 of 19 in Crescent City
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
#3 of 8 in Brookings

Been to Brookings Inn? Share your experiences!