Wild Rivers Motor Lodge
$120
$169
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $233/night.

$169
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Mt. Emily Ranch(Brookings)
$193
$95
Spindrift Motor Inn(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$99
Ocean Suites Motel(Brookings)(Great Value!)
$150
$144
Westward Inn(Brookings)
Hotels.com
All reviewswaste bagsclean and quiet roompet friendly propertyoregon coast road tripmicrowave and coffee makerthe main dragstay there againsmall fridgeice machinewalking distancenice amenitiesnice place to stayenjoyed our staystayed one nightshort drivegreat roommotel
Reviewed February 14, 2013

When I pulled into the driveway, the first thing I noticed (aside from the huge canoes) was a carved wooden "NO PETS ALLOWED" sign. (see pic below) Having booked a pet friendly room, I proceeded, assuming that it was the front planter only. It wasn't.
After what was at best an awkward check-in, with a teenager who wrote most of my information (including my credit card info) on notepaper, instead of a computer, and who couldn't produce the itemized receipt that I requested, my dog and I checked into our room. The room itself was fine, save for the fact that every single surface had a printed card on it, explaining the additional charges I'd incur if I so much as breathed too much during my stay. I read them all, hoping to find where the "pet area" was because A. I wasn't told at check in, and B. found the same "NO PETS ALLOWED" sign in every planter on the property. So I walked to the front desk, and was told that it was past the far no pets sign, down a muddy overgrown trail, that led to an even more overgrown, dark patch of weed grass, behind the hotel, practically on the adjoining gas station property. I'm a young woman, who was traveling alone with my small dog. I know it's Brookings, which is a safe place in general...but there is nothing OK about expecting your patrons to stand next to an overflowing poop canister in the rain being oggled by a gas attendant. I won't ever stay there again.
Additional info: I never did get that receipt...even though I made 2 additional requests with other people, and they only have 1 DVD player on the property, which they'll rent out to you for $5 a night. Classy!

Room Tip: Room cleanliness was fine. Pet area was FILTHY and unsafe. All rooms have road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Amber B
14nerhiker, Owner at Wild Rivers Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your review from your stay in November at our hotel. We are sorry that your stay was less than enjoyable and that you felt our reminder signs in our rooms was excessive. Our landscaping islands throughout the parking lot are difficult to maintain in the best of circumstances, and unfortunately we attempt to keep pets out of these areas in lieu of our pet area simply in order to avoid having to replace plants, flowers, etc. constantly. We apologize that you found our pet area unappealing and even possibly unsafe. In the months of November through March it is extremely difficult to maintain a grassy location anywhere on the coast of Oregon and we are certain that this area was exactly as you described during your stay, unfortunately it is the only location we have for pets and we attempt (to the best of our ability) to keep it clean and presentable at least when the weather allows. We are sorry that you were not informed of the location of the pet area at check-in and we certainly can and will improve in this area. Based on your comments, we are training all of our agents on the procedure to post payments and charges directly and immediately into our accounting system so as to produce an itemized receipt upon request for all guests. Thank you for pointing out this deficiency in our procedures. We do appreciate comments such as yours in order for us to continue to improve on all aspects of our operation. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Clean rooms with fridge and microwave. Comfortable bed. A little road noise but not bad. Only complaint was the unusually loud motor on the fridge. Excellent value for the price especially since we were just passing through and needed a place to crash. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Underkill

Thank you for your review from your stay in January at our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay despite the minimal road noise and louder than usual motor of the fridge. The road noise in most cases is minimized later in the evening and in certain rooms cannot be heard at all. Our location is a blessing though since most, if not all lodgings are located on the highway here in Brookings, and we are the only hotel with a speed limit of only 25mph in front of our hotel keeping the “highway” type noise at least a little less. The motor on the fridge quite possibly could be slowly failing and this could have contributed to the louder than usual noise. As we find them failing we replace them as quickly as possible. Again, thank you for your review. It is comments like yours that help us continue to improve.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This motel was very impressive for an older motel. They have taken great care in remodeling and making the rooms very nice. It's one of those places that is pleasing to the eye when you walk in the door. We had high ceilings and wood floors. I understand that this was a pet friendly room but you would be hard pressed to tell that an animal had ever been in that room. There are many places to eat very close by plus the theater and shopping or you can just crash in the room and enjoy some cable tv. There is a fridge and microwave so you can bring your own food and eat in. The cost was a little more than I usually pay but we splurged for the nice room. I normally search for that perfect combination of "nice" and "cheap" and this place definitely is nice.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Lithoria

Thank you for your review from your stay in July at our hotel. We appreciate your kind remarks and have truly taken a lot of care and hard work in maintaining an “older motel”. We have owned the hotel for a little more than 5 years now, and the work and renovations just keep continuing. Rest assured that the rate you paid was the very best rate available based on the season and comparability of our rooms to our competitors. We appreciate your comments and will continue to attempt to keep our rates as comparable and inexpensive as possible while providing an outstanding product for every guest. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again if in the area. Try an offseason time period such as October, or March through April to early May, for some really good deals and the same outstanding product. Really the weather is not bad during those months and the crowds are far less.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

what a nice place to stay. Comfy bed & the room was remodled and wow what a job. hard wood floors & vaulted ceiling. Pet friendly. very nice friendly staff. recommended the best pizza (Zola's).what a nice town. everybody we met was friendly. the maintenance guy should get a raise. beatiful property.landscaping is great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank paulszedshed

Thank you for your review from your stay in December at our hotel. We appreciate your positive comments and strive to keep a clean, comfortable room for every guest. We recently installed the hard wood floors in our pet rooms in order to maintain them at the same level of cleanliness as all rooms even if you aren’t traveling with a pet. We are a family owned and operated hotel and even staff that is not family are still very friendly and we appreciate you noticing. Your comments are always shared with all staff. The landscaping is one of pride and attention and the “maintenance man” is my son. He takes great care in all aspects of the property and actually has just recently been given a raise as well as he has many perks. Again thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We chose this location because we were in need of a pet friendly hotel while on the road. The person at the desk was very nice and he waived the pet fee because they were slow that night. The room was large and clean. There was a fridge and a microwave. My only problem was that the bed was not terribly comfortable, but was fine for one nights. I would not hesitate to stay there again,

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leslierw

Thank you for your review from your stay in November at our hotel. We appreciate your positive comments and certainly do strive to keep a clean comfortable room for every guest. We are currently researching the costs associated with replacement of some of our beds and apologize that it was not as comfortable as you would have expected. As we go through rooms every off season we identify needs for replacement furnishings and attempt to accomplish this as much as possible. Rest assured your comments are heard, appreciated and acted on to the best of our ability. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.