“Best Food in Brookings, bar none”

Onion Grill Steak & Seafood
Ranked #24 of 64 Restaurants in Brookings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 19, 2010

We've lived in Brookings for 3 years. After trying out all the local places we keep coming back to The Onion, (about once a week). The service is a little slow sometimes, but that's mostly your own fault for getting into a conversation with the owner. Never had a bad meal here. Rick & Jo

There are newer reviews for Onion Grill Steak & Seafood

Reviewed December 22, 2009

The Onion has the best Chinese food I have tasted. I have had Chinese food throughout OR and CA and even Singapore, Malaysia, and the Philippines and this is the best Chinese food. Good Steakhouse also, just add a side salad for $1.50.

Reviewed July 22, 2009

It was beyond bad. Service was nonexistent, I'm still waiting for my rice, although admittedly they may have served it by now, 2 months later. My wife's General Tso's Chicken was made with frozen (or canned) vegetables; limp, flavorless, and inedible. My ginger beef was roast beef (they claim to be a steak house--leftovers?) in canned brown gravy with ginger powder sprinkled on top--also inedible. And the tab for this gastronomic adventure? With a glass of tea (no refill), and appetizers--served cold with the meal--just under $50. Never ever, would I go there again.

Absolutely a horrible experience--worst I've ever had in a restaurant.

Reviewed March 29, 2009

Ordered the Grilled fish sandwich for lunch, place was slow, still took 40 min.. The fish came out breaded and (fried? sautéed?) on a soggy piece of way over seasoned white like bread with some limp french fries.
Had to wait 15 min for (cook) to finish a phone call so we could pay with a CC
The waitress took a personal phone call while taking our order.
Avoid this place

Reviewed March 1, 2009

Coming from Eugene we are used to lots of food variety... but when we saw "Steak, Chinese, and Seafood" all on the same sign we were a bit skeptical. The place was packed when we got there so we took it as a good sign and were pleasantly surprised!

I had the Bleu Burger which was excellent, smothered in mushrooms and bleu cheese, served open faced with lettuce, tomato and onion. Hubby had the french dip with onion rings and was pleased. We both thought that the onion rings were perfect.

The service was really quick and friendly. We thought the prices were a bit high for the steak items, which is why we went for sandwiches, but our meals were priced about right. They had a couple of big tv's playing a basketball game, and everyone seemed to know everyone else. :) It was really friendly. lol

We didn't try the Chinese food, but the plates on the tables around us were piled high and everyone seemed to really be enjoying their food.

1  Thank haloEugene