“What happened? This place used to be OK.”

Onion Grill Steak & Seafood
Ranked #24 of 67 Restaurants in Brookings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2009

Ordered the Grilled fish sandwich for lunch, place was slow, still took 40 min.. The fish came out breaded and (fried? sautéed?) on a soggy piece of way over seasoned white like bread with some limp french fries.
Had to wait 15 min for (cook) to finish a phone call so we could pay with a CC
The waitress took a personal phone call while taking our order.
Avoid this place

Reviewed March 1, 2009

Coming from Eugene we are used to lots of food variety... but when we saw "Steak, Chinese, and Seafood" all on the same sign we were a bit skeptical. The place was packed when we got there so we took it as a good sign and were pleasantly surprised!

I had the Bleu Burger which was excellent, smothered in mushrooms and bleu cheese, served open faced with lettuce, tomato and onion. Hubby had the french dip with onion rings and was pleased. We both thought that the onion rings were perfect.

The service was really quick and friendly. We thought the prices were a bit high for the steak items, which is why we went for sandwiches, but our meals were priced about right. They had a couple of big tv's playing a basketball game, and everyone seemed to know everyone else. :) It was really friendly. lol

We didn't try the Chinese food, but the plates on the tables around us were piled high and everyone seemed to really be enjoying their food.

1  Thank haloEugene
Reviewed February 12, 2009

My Fiance and I chose this place based on the signage stating Steaks, Seafood and Chinese. Something for all of our tastes was what we were hoping.

The food was top shelf! We started with the Onion Blossom as an appetizer. I had Ribeye Steak with the loaded baked potato and vegetables. My fiance chose from the Chinese menu, a mixed seafood and vegetable soup w/noodles and Mixed Meat and Vegetable platter. It was all excellent, great flavors, cooked to perfection. The portions were more than enough. We had plenty to take home with us for another meal or two even. Even reheated the food was still excellent! I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for great food, excellent customer service and decent pricing.

Reviewed December 16, 2008

The American food is excellent and the staff are awesome! I love to go there for dinner! Try any of their steaks or appetizers and I guarantee you'll be happy! I haven't tried the chinese food. They're breakfasts are delicious too.

Reviewed December 4, 2008

The service was great and the chineese food was as good as food found in SF china town. I really enjoyed the Beef with Oyster souce over pan fried noodles. This is a recomended stop on the oregon coast.